Sunday, July 13, 2008

The birthday dinner story.....

Earlier this week I asked DH what we were doing Sunday for my birthday.
DH "nothing, why?"....
Me "will you make spaghetti and I will call the kids to come in for dinner Sunday".
DH "oh, not spaghetti. that takes all day.. how about hamburgers and hotdogs."
ME "ok, whatever. Is it ok if I call the kids and ask them to come"

Now it sounds like he doesn't like the kids to come, but I was only asking in case he had already made some other kind of plans. I call second daughter and say....

"hey, you all want to come for dinner Sunday?" Second daughter says "yea we will be there, but how did you know?". ME - "how did I know what?" OH!! ROTFLMAO.....
She kept the secret for a total of 3 and a half hours....I was laughing so hard, son-in-law could hear me across the room.....She finally caught on and was PISSSSSED at herself for letting me know it was already planned.... While I am laughing, DH calls her on the other phone and says, "hey, Mom is going to call and ask you for dinner Sunday....." that's all he gets out before she says "Too late...I let it out of the bag...." He calls oldest daughter to tell her, who calls second daughter to tell her.....TOO LATE....MOM already knows!! LOL


So all the grandkids came...

We had DH famous spaghetti sauce...

meatballs.....

french bread.....

and great cake......


So all the kids and grandkids are gone and I am sitting here quietly with a glass of Lambrusco...Ah.......
Janie gave me an award... Thanks Janie!!!


Janie gave me an award... Thanks Janie!!!

These are the rules -


1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.
2. Link to the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you have nominated.

I have never been good at rules. And how could I possibly pick only 7 of the 89 blogs I check every day...lol

Tomorrow is ERRAND MONDAY!! I don't normally run errands on Monday, but DH cell phone is dead, clothes are at the cleaners ready to be picked up, I have to call and negotiate with the insurance company and I would like to sew a bit...

Maybe I will get the last two sides of binding sewn on #4 Christmas Quilt. If so, there will be photos....

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Nancy, sounds and looks like you had a wonderful dinner. Any leftovers????... Hope your day was a memorable one.

Lilly said...

Nancy, it sounds like you had a great birthday dinner. The food looks yummy. If you plan a surprise for someone, sounds like you better not tell your kids about it. That was so funny!
TTFN.......Lilly

Sweet P said...

What a great story. I'm like your DD - I can't keep a secret either! I'm happy you had a great birthday!