Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A day of finishes and errands.....



Thought I would post early this morning as I wait for my underwear to dry...

This morning found me outside in my PJ's at 7:30am attempting to take photos of the latest quilt finish. Most of the neighbors had already left for work so I thought I was fairly safe. Oh, "bye Laura, have a great day at work, it's just crazy me taking photos in the morning light, yes! in my PJ's". Hmmm...she must be running late, she is usually gone by now. The pattern is TicTacMo by Terry Atkinson. This is first grandson's Christmas quilt and #3 of 6 finished. I love the scrappy binding. I had enough fabric left to make the binding for this one and the next one which is identical except where this one is golden yellow the next one is darker green.I love this quilt. Pat Two Borders (not her real name and no she isn't a Native American) did an overall star pattern on it and she did a wonderful job.

I dropped off Christmas quilt #4 for first granddaughter for her to do. I can't wait to get it back. She is a fairly new quilter, in fact this TicTacMo is quilt #116 that she has done. As much as I love her quilting and give her name out all the time, I hope for my sake she doesn't get so busy that I have to wait forever. Hear that?? Pat Two Borders??? I don't think she reads my blog, but just in case....

On to errands today.... Need to get the blinker fixed on my VW bug. Hope the cops aren't too diligent this morning. Luckily I only have to make one right turn to get to the dealers where it will take them 15 minutes to change the bulb and get to charge me $40...yea for foreign cars with great gas mileage..

Then home to pick up the Rock Star to finish errands in his non-air-conditioned car so he can practice driving and get his license. When I have to check HIS work schedule in order to plan a shopping trip with friends then it gets serious....lol Tomorrow Bev, Veronica and I are heading to Columbia to Satin Stitches and then to Mexico to my favorite quilt shop (after Patches of course) Homestead Hearth. Will take the camera and loads of photos to show. I might need to take the quilt with me as I bought all the fabric for it there. Do you think they will want to see it?

Well, I think my underwear is dry so off I go to the dealer...(cops be aware, if you stop me for no right blinker I will cry ....) I have been driving for 40 mumble, mumble years and have NEVER had a ticket!! I would like to keep it that way...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

3 comments:

Sweet P said...

Great job on the quilt. Have fun shopping tomorrow!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your quilt is just lovely.

Unknown said...

Love the quilt Nancy. Now I'm confused, you're shopping in Mexico and Columbia in one day??? I'm sure you'll get a good giggle at my question and probably think silly Aussie....