Tuesday, March 1, 2011

P is for Packing and PIF....

It's very rare to find a quilter that doesn't give back to his/her community.  Eight of you entered and I wish I had 8 books as you all have such wonderful charities that you support...  I am so glad that I didn't have to pick....I let the random number generator do the job....

#2 Tonya

and

#6 Mary on Lake Pulaski

Please send me your mailing address and I will get the books on their way... 

Today is packing day.  There are three of us that car pool to the St Louis Modern Quilt Guild..  As we were heading home last meeting, Linda returned a phone call and to our horror we found out that her other quilt guild was short on people to round out their quilt retreat.  Nancy and I jumped at the chance to help them out..  I mean really...we are quilters, so we help our fellow quilters in anything they need, even if it means driving to another state and sewing for 3 straight days with others cooking for us....  So I am picking projects and doing some preliminary cutting..  I will also get the sewing machine cleaned and round up as many extension cords I can...  So far these are the projects I have ready..
  1. baby quilt for great niece/nephew
  2. apron for me
  3. sewing bucket
  4. solid challenge for MQG
  5. pillow for Christmas present
  6. hand stitchery project
  7. circle applique charity quilt
there must be more as the big plastic box is stuffed full...   So off I go to finish packing the non-essentials...you know...like clothes and underwear ...

Nancy

9 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Thanks Nancy! I will be making some quilts for the crisis nursery using the patterns in this book.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much.....I can't wait to get this book, I know our "blanketeers" will love more ideas.

Splendorfalls said...

How fun and kudos for making the sacrifice to help out the other guild! ;) He he. Just teasin';sounds like a blast!

Jocelyn said...

Nancy I am always encouraged by how quilters will rise to the occasion. I hope you have a wonderful time at the retreat (where others will be cooking for you).

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Nancy, have fun for all of us and take pictures, we love to see what quilters are doing. Sent you an email on a list that helps me a lot.

Nancy Page said...

You are ahead of me. All I have packed is my machine. But I will be ready on time.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day and congratulations to the winners.

Anne D said...

That is very generous of you and Nancy!
Have a great time. I am very jealous

Cindy said...

Have fun!! (I know you will:)

fabricartist21 said...

I am sure you had fun on your quilt retreat. I have been on 2 and they were so wonderful. It is about time for another one. I belong to a bee and we quilt together every 2 weeks but that is about all but we have been together about 15 years now.