Monday, December 21, 2009

Design wall Monday 12-21-09

I don't have anything on my design wall that I can show... I am finishing up the last of the Christmas presents and it MUST be done by Wednesday night. What can I say, I waited til the last minute...

Hubby however has a finished design wall project that I CAN show...




Isn't it gorgeous. This is the 4th piece of the bedroom set. We now have 2 side tables, a headboard and this dresser for me. Next is a tall chest of drawers for him and we will be done. He and the Rock Star carried the old furniture to the garage and brought up the new dresser. So I had to empty out the 12 dresser drawers and fit the stuff into 6 drawers. YIKES!! Of course that leads to cleaning out the drawers and that leads to cleaning out the closet and that leads to packing away summer clothes and that leads to cleaning out the storage room and....and...and...

Yesterday was my family Christmas. We generally get together with my family the Saturday before... there are too many grown grandchildren with in-laws to do anything on Christmas Eve and we reserve Christmas Day for just our immediate family. We decided this year to do all snack foods so we had lots and lots of good eats... shrimp and cheese and sausage and dips and hot wings and a veggie tray...and mini pumpkin pies and so much more.... It was so nice to just snack all day..LOL

At some point my kids posed in front of my sister's tree..




second daughter, rock star and first daughter.

And then of course we can't leave out the hubby's...



And every year I make a small gift for all the women in the family. This year I waited until the last minute and almost didn't make anything. Thursday night I was talking to my sister and I mentioned that maybe this year there wouldn't be a little gift from me.... uh oh...that was the wrong thing to say! She said she would be very disappointed... so all day Friday I sewed...and sewed...and sewed...and made these.....



And then wrapped them and I hope everyone liked them. They only take 1/2 yard of fabric and about 20 minutes to make...but when you make 10 of them it adds up to some serious sewing time.

Well, I am off to brave the grocery store... I would wait until tomorrow, but we would starve...

Nancy

10 comments:

Pat said...

I think those bags are sweet. It was also nice to see your 3 kids together in the photos. AND....your new piece of furniture is wonderful!!!

Unknown said...

Love your new addition to the bedroom furniture. Just gorgeous.

Judy D in WA said...

Hubby does fabulous work! Your kids are great! I am going to get mine together to get a picture! The bags are cute and I bet everyone loved them. Have fun at the grocery store!! Merry Christmas

Gari in AL said...

Sounds like you can be guilted pretty easily. and family members get gifts. Pretty good! Love hubby's furniture. Maybe he can make the family gifts next year.

Nancy Page said...

The dresser is gorgeous. Hubby did a really nice job. He is so talented as are you. The bags look like fun bags to carry when ever one needs a bag. You also have a handsome family. Cherish the picture. Have a great day. And a Very Merry Christmas to all.

Stitched With Prayer said...

Nancy, The dresser is really beautiful. He did a wonderful job. Sometimes having to downsize becomes a blessing. Even though you have to go through the entire routine of whittling down the contents of your dressers and closets. It will be so nice when you have finished organizing. Thanks for sharing the family pictures from your party. I think those bags are just the ticket. They are so nice, I love them. The perfect gift and a personal gift too. You did good!!!

Stitched With Prayer said...

OOPS, forgot to tell you that I hope you have a most wonderful Christmas. Hugs coming your way.

Anonymous said...

Thank You so much for sharing your Treasures. The dresser is really wonderful and the family pictures are special and I enjoy looking at your pictures and reading your "story" all the time. Have wonderful holidays and a Blessed New Year. Carol from Rural NY State

Quilter Kathy said...

I can really relate to the family pressure to make something for them. And the deadline pressure...yikes! I have almost everything done...a few more bindings to sew on the hotmats.

electric fly swatter said...

Everything here is beautiful. From the vanity table, the family members down to the dainty bags.