Saturday, December 5, 2009

a night out....

Continuing with the Martha Stewart list.....

December 5
Get new eyeglasses. Grind lenses myself.

Yesterday hubby and I celebrated 38 years of marriage... We did what we normally do on our anniversary... which is go out to eat and then Christmas shop...

He surprised me by getting home early. And believe me, I was surprised. Dishes were still in the sink, bed unmade, bathroom a mess...

We hung around a bit and then took off to do some Christmas shopping. I would love to share what we got, but there are members of my family that occasionally pop in here and it would ruin it for me...
Then off to O'Charley's for dinner. Hubby had BBQ ribs, fries and this wicked caramel pie which he said was SWEET!!! It looked like they had just poured caramel sauce into a pie shell and covered it in whipped cream...lol I had talapia and steamed broccoli and a cup of coffee while he ate that piece of pie...

I have some sewing to do today ... back tomorrow..

Nancy


8 comments:

Brenda said...

Congratulations. 38 years of marriage is amazing! Way to go! May you have many,many, many more years to enjoy your love, B=)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Happy 38th Anniversary to you both! Enjoy!

Rhonda said...

How wonderful...Congratulations!!!

Pat said...

A belated Happy Anniversary to you and what willpower you had to eat so healthy while "someone else" didn't!!!

Lorraine said...

Happy Anniversary....38 years - fantastic! sounds like a lovely way to spend the evening....don't you love watching others eat decadent desserts!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Hubbies dinner sounded so yummmy.....good girl for eating what you know is best for you.
Bev

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! What a nice evening out together. Glad you had a wonderful day together. Here's to many more years together.

Veronica

Anne D said...

Congrats and Happy Anniversary