Thursday, December 18, 2008

Is it illegal......or just thrifty?

About 6 Christmas seasons ago I bought one of those high end fudge kits. My DH loved it, so I went back and bought another....the next day (hey, he likes fudge!!).... I knew I couldn't keep buying these kits as they would all but disappear after the holidays. SO...(and here is the possible illegal part) before making it, I measured all the ingredients....
I decided to make you all accessories to my possible illegal dealings so I am going to share with you the
Easiest Christmas Fudge of all time....

You will need the following....



1- 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk

1-12 oz pkg Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

4 tbl butter, cut into small pieces

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Put Sweetened Condensed Milk, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels and butter into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. It will look like this....YUK!


Add 1 tsp vanilla and the walnuts. Stir til glossy. Pour into greased 8x8 pan and refrigerate for 2 hours. Turn out and cut... Are you there Santa? 'cause I could sure use a new cutting board...Mine broke in two pieces cutting pizza a couple of weeks ago..

TA DA!! All ready for the fridge....This batch goes with DH to work tomorrow for a Christmas all day eat as much as you can food feast lunch...

Tomorrow I will share a quick, easy gift for everyone on your list.

Happy Holidays,

Nancy

6 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I just put the ingedients on my grocery list.
That's my kind of easy and it sounds delicious.
K

Val said...

OH PERFECT! It's a snowy day here in the Seattle WA area and my faithful recipe for fudge uses the marshmallow cream which I do not have. BUT, I have everything (I think) to try this out. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. I look forward to the cocoa, ha.

Pat said...

OOOOOO.....this sounds SOOO good. I am going to get the stuff to make it. AND...when my doctor yells at me for not losing any weight, is it okay if I blame YOU? LOL

Nancy said...

Val- you are set to "no-reply" so I can't email you personally. Would love the marshmellow creme fudge recipe....

Karen said...

Sounds yummy! One question is the butter salted or unsalted?

Nancy said...

Karen - You are coming through as a "no reply" commenter... so I hope you get this...

I only use unsalted butter, so that's what I used. I don't think there would be much difference between the two...