Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A mother passing by her son's bedroom was astonished to see the bed

was nicely made, and everything was picked up. Then, she saw an

envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow.

It was simply addressed, 'Mom'

With the worst premonition, she opened the envelope and read the letter, with

trembling hands.

'Dear Mom,

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to

elope with my new girlfriend, because I wanted to avoid a scene

with Dad and you.

I've been finding real passion with Stacy, and she is so nice, but I

knew you would not approve of her, because of all her piercings, tattoos,

her tight Motorcycle clothes, and because she is so much older than I am.

But it's not only the passion, Mum. She's pregnant.

Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the

woods, and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter.

We share a dream of having many more children.

Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really

hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves, and trading it with

the other people in the commune, for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want.

In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS,

so Stacy can get better. She sure deserves it!!

Don't worry Mum, I'm 15, and I know how to take care of myself.

Someday, I'm sure we'll be back to visit, so you can get to know your

many grandchildren.

Love, your son, Nicholas.

"P.S. Mum, none of the above is true. I'm over at Jason's house.

I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than

the school report that's on my desk"


I love you!

Call when it is safe for me to come home.


Kind of puts the whole "raising kids" thing into perspective....

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

PS....I finished a project last night so tomorrow there will be pictures...

4 comments:

Feedsack Fantasy said...

I saw this before & it is such a darling post ... TTFN ~ Marydon

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Hope that kid got an A for creativity! LOL

Janet said...

Stll laughing my head off. Thank you for the fun

Wendy said...

reminds me of the time my 18 year old daughter told me she was going to get her eyebrow pierced. She waited for me to stop ranting and then showed me the tiny butterfly she had tattooed on her shoulder.