Sunday, May 31, 2009

Junior or Senior.... that is the question...

The Rock Star had his last day of school Friday. He asked me Thursday night if I could have him "called out" of school at 10am... um....no.... School was scheduled to be out at 11am. He said he didn't have anything to do for that last hour. I said..."maybe you should study for next year"... HA HA...

So now I am a stay-at-home mom again for the summer. He can't find a job, although he has really tried, and continues to look. No one is hiring, and if they are they are hiring middle age people that have lost their primary job. I can understand that, but gee, he has obligations also. He must pay for his own gas, any entertainment, he should be paying for his cell phone and his insurance, but so far Dad has given him a pass. He is definitely more spoiled than the girls ever were. And they would agree if you asked them.

Our latest conversation was this -

Me-So you're a senior now.
RS-No, I'm a junior.
Me-No, you were a junior this year, now you're a senior.
RS-No, I won't be a senior until the first day of school in August.
Me-Whatever...
RS-Well, you aren't a kindergartner the summer BEFORE kindergarten? Are You??

So, if he just finished his Junior year, is he a Junior or a Senior?

And really, does it matter all that much?

I would rather he was one of the gainfully employed....

Hubby had to drop off some paperwork, so I rode along and he was nice enough to drop me off at the quilt store. I got the border/binding fabric for the mystery quilt and some really cute watermelon fabric. Not sure what it's for, but it sure looks summery...LOL

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

Tomorrow the surprise is revealed....

7 comments:

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

I can hardly wait for tomorrow! For your big reveal.

Aren't teenagers fun, especially boys. Got to love him, and I know that you do. Our guy with the head injury is like a 16/18 year old, and we go through the same thing all the time. Feeling your pain... and your joy.

Pat said...

Gotta love these kids...they have the answer for EVERYTHING, don't they? Maybe hubby can pay Rock Star to do work around the house....bigger jobs that need doing that would make it easier on you and hubby NOT to do them? (I'm not talking routine jobs like taking out the trash......but bigger jobs...ya know?) Or maybe Rock Star can try to start a small lawn care service of his own?

Amy R said...

I have a college Junior who also can't find a job. . . and a 23 year old who was told the bank he's working for will be closing soon. So, he won't have a job either. Yep, same in our neck of the woods (Detroit suburbs) - there are many my age supporting families out of work. Yes, my kids need the money, but I really worry how the others are putting food on the table. I sure how things start looking up around here soon. Over half of our neighborhood are out of work or retired (and I can only think of two homes that should be retired.) Hang in there. . . .

Feedsack Fantasy said...

If only we could be as smart at these kids nowadays ... chuckle!

Pensively awaiting tomorrow ...
TTFN ~ Marydon

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha, he has a point doesn't he? Hmmm...very funny. And his lack of job could be worse...I have a new college grad who has just moved back home due to no job -- it's just awful and I feel so sad for him. Thanks for visiting my blog!

PiecefulChaos said...

I say he's a senior - after he graduates next year he won't still be a senior until fall - he'll be a high school graduate. DD started calling herself a senior the minute junior year was finished!

Sweet P said...

God question - I don't know if I have the answer. It is hard to find a job these days. I hope he is able to find a job soon.