Monday, August 2, 2010

design wall monday 8-2-10

Yesterday was a bust... No sewing here... I had a major headache. I managed to get to the grocery although I am not sure why I didn't send the other half.. I think it was easier to make the list and just get er done...

My design wall this morning shows the latest Civil War Love Letters..There are 121 blocks in total and I have lost count of how many I have finished. It's over 60 but that's just a good guess.



I also got some Mail Love this weekend. One night I decided I needed some practice poking buttons.. I hadn't done any of that for awhile. And when I poke buttons I do it HERE... and more importantly in this section.. where I found this beauty.. This is called Candy Corn and it's the only candy corn I like... now to find a pattern...any suggestions?



And then a couple of 1/2 yards just because... might make a couple of zip bags like these..


Nancy

7 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

A very pretty stack of candy corn!

Diane said...

that would be my kind of candy corn too. delish!

Nancy Page said...

Your blocks look great! Number 121 is not too far away. Love those Kona cottons, lovely fall colors.

Have a super great sewing day.

Anne D said...

The civil war blocks look great! Kona cottons have been calling my name lately!

kwiltnkats said...

How about one of the many Tree of Life patterns for your Candy Corn fabrics. That's how the fabrics spoke to me when I saw them. I do like your finger exercises!

Beth said...

how about Judy L's Peaches and Dreams? Its the 1st thing that popped into my head...lovely warm buttery colors!

Melinda said...

I love Jackie's shop also. Great candy corn. I can't wait to see what you do with it. I have the greens and am still thinking about what to make.