Monday, August 9, 2010

design wall monday...8-9-10

Hey, did anyone notice the date today? 8-9-10?? {insert spooky music here} It will only happen once!!! da da da...... da....

Hee Hee... you know in real life I wouldn't be caught dead saying hee hee...but here it seems ok? Is that weird?

I have no design wall today.

Sorry.

Instead I have a 2 year old.

Shall I pin her to the flannel wall?

guess not... although yesterday I was tempted.... Bitty and I drove down to GG's house with Aunt Cupcake. We all went to eat lunch at Olive Garden. Bitty drank a whole glass of milk...and ate a breadstick...and then ate some mac and cheese while drinking some more milk...and then the horrible happened... Let's just say that I took her and the diaper bag to the restroom and we changed her clothes...and someone cleaned the chunks out of my purse and I am now listening to the diaper bag tumble in the dryer... dumb grandma...

and then of course she slept in the car on the way home so we didn't have a nap...

BUT...guess what was happening next door to GG? An estate sale... My mom's neighbor passed away about a year ago and they have finally sold the house. They were selling off all the stuff that the family didn't want..





And they didn't want this nice white chest of drawers..what kind of family leaves that to be sold?.... I can't turn down a white chest...it's adorable..and so lightweight that I unloaded it myself... I have no idea where it will end up...but I have a few ideas...

I also snagged some pale blue floral vintage sheets and a nice heavy white tablecloth... all for $32.50 ... sorry no photos of the sheets...they are in the dryer...with above mentioned diaper bag.

Not bad for a days work...

and now that we are actually in possession of the pull-ups...she couldn't care less... {sigh}

Nancy

14 comments:

Pat said...

I will have my 6-year-old granddaughter starting next weekend for, possibly, two weeks. I'm sure I will be frazzled by the end of that time!!! Nice white chest of drawers you got. Sorry about the "adventure" at Olive Garden....had one of the grands do something similar in the middle of a ferry ride with us a few years back.

Anne D said...

Oh the joys of young children. I do like the chest of drawers!

Thimbleanna said...

Yikes! I've forgotten what it's like to have little ones about. It sounds like you had fun anyway -- especially with the estate sale!

Gwen said...

On 8-9-10 my #1Grandaughter turns 21! Enjoy your little one, time flies! Nice chest!

Judy D in WA said...

Tears in my eyes from laughing and crying!!! Poor little one, poor, poor Gramma. Little ones, never a dull moment with them!

Love the dresser.

Nancy Page said...

Great chest of drawers. Looks like it could hold lots of fabric and other sewing items. So sorry about your adventure at Olive Garden. Not the adventure you were looking for I am sure. Hope the estate sale made up for it.

Have a super great day.

Teaquilts said...

Hi Nancy - just been reading some of your older posts and you've been busy. Let's see, cooking, cleaning, quilting, baby sitting, house hunting, and shooting. You are definitely exercising all your talents. Seems like you are having fun. Are you still staying in MO?

Diane said...

OH MY Gosh you made me LOL!!!-real Loud!! I would never say hee-hee or tee-hee in real life either--so weird.
You reminded me of a Far Side card from way back that I bought for me to just look at when I was having a tough day.
Frazzled wife greets husband at door and says "I found a new use for duct tape"
around wall in livingroom you see 2 boys taped to the wall...

hilarious!
And yet I do miss those days, things aren't quite the same with the dogs-they sleep 90% of the time. :)

Diane said...

When my oldest grandson was about 18 months we were eating at California Pizza Kitchen - he ate and ate split pea soup. Same result as you had, but all over me, not in any diaper bag.

I've had three of the grandkids (5,3,16 months) a lot lately. I'm worn out. But happy.

Beth said...

Loved the mental picture of kiddo pinned to the design wall! The kid I would have done that to started high school today! (not sure if I want to laugh or cry!) love the dresser. I would not have been able to pass that by either. I'm seeing a bit of stenciling on it!

kwiltnkats said...

Great find on the white chest. Hmmm it would go nice with my sewing room furniture. Like everyone else loved your story in lieu of a design wall!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Poor baby and poor you! I would trade your story for a design wall any day! Next week you will be cleaner.

glen: whose dog tossed his cookies about 5 minutes before I went to feed him......what?

Janet said...

OMG, that was my dh's birthday and I thought it was special he had 08.08.08 when the olympics were on.

Sweet P said...

Ooooooo . . . I like that chest. That's what I need to find for my yarn.