Wednesday, January 12, 2011

done...

So most of you liked choice number 2, except for that one that just doesn't feel the PURE love...lol  She is in my guild and the swap so I guess I know who won't go home with my pincushion..  I finished both of them and have them all safely packed in plastic so they don't get dirty...

Why two?  Because the first one doesn't work..  Now a pin cushion has no moving parts, so you are probably wondering how could it not work?   The darker one on the bottom is the first one I made.  Deco weight fabric x 2 plus an iron on stabilizer means pins won't go through. hm... so I made the top one with PURE cotton with the deco weight patch and NO iron on stabilizer and I love it even better...  I think I will give it as a twosome...  We will celebrate the oops as Jamie would say...

Nancy

7 comments:

Me? A Mom? said...

alright, alright... you're going to give me trouble about this for a while, aren't you? ;)

It's a cute cushion!

Kristy said...

Pretty little pinnies. You are starting us off on the right track.

Diane said...

I really like them. It's good to know about the "usability" factor.

Pat said...

I like them both for how they look. Sorry the first one won't let pins go through it. :( I never know what is best to use for filling in pincushions.

Jocelyn said...

It looks great Nancy. Who would not love PURE!

scottylover said...

Too cute! I'm sure whoever gets them will love them!

Sandy A

Nancy Page said...

Very Modern! The top pincushion will be fun to use because sewing is a state of bliss.

Have a super great day.