Tuesday, January 11, 2011

swap decisions...

My chapter of the Modern Quilt Guild announced a pin cushion swap for next meeting...  Rules are simple..
Modern fabrics, handmade and I guess that's it..  So why is it so hard for me to make a decision?

I cleaned up the sewing room this morning and then pulled three sets of fabrics...

Can you help me choose?




I like them all, but am particularly attracted to choice 2....  I think because it's a heavier decorator weight and might make a good pin cushion...


I got the borders on the charity quilt the other day...  I tried to take a nice photo outside but the temp is 10F and the wind is gusting at about 40 mph... You can imagine how that worked out.  Lucky I didn't have to chase the thing down the street..   So here is my son holding it up in the entryway...


I put a nice blue scrappy border on it..and it is now folded and ready for the guild meeting in a week or so..(nope, just checked...guild meeting is this MONDAY)...it just creeps up on me every month...

Back to the sewing room...


Nancy

14 comments:

Terry said...

I think I have to go with choice number two as well. I love that Pure line of fabric! :0)

Shelly said...

I agree, choice 2 for fabrics. The quilt top for the guild is gorgeous.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Yes, choice number two Nancy - but I'm a real fan of Pure!

Jo Anne said...

My vote is for #2.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Of course it is #2. But to be absolutely sure, you might make a test version and give it to me before proceeding with the real thing!

Me? A Mom? said...

I never felt the Pure love. I'd personally gravitate to #3. :)

Lorraine said...

#2 would be my choice as well.....and if you are making up the others and sending Nancy one...can I have the other one....LOL

Pat said...

Of course, I love green, but I feel there isn't enough contrast between the fabrics in group 1. Group 3 is too "quiet" for me. So....I'd have to say group 2, also.

Jocelyn said...

Go with your heart, and use #2. It's a great fabric.

Cindy said...

They're all wonderful! I would choose #3. I love the Amy Butler with the aqua and soft grey! Won't you be glad when we can get outside to photograph our quilts again??

Roselie said...

I think that you should go with #2.

The charity quilt is very nice. Looks like stained glass especially with the light shining through it.

scottylover said...

I like 3 myself, but I'm not the one making the pincushion! :P Go with the one that you like best.

Love the way you put your sampler blocks together. I have mine made from that same Saturday sampler. I'm still working on the applique, so it will be a LONG time before I get mine done. :)

Sandy A

Diane said...

The contrasts of two and three are more attractive to me. I like them both. Pincushions - what a great idea!

alex said...

yes choice 2 is the great one...



Edina MN Realty