Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Tortoise and The Hare....

Remember the old folk tale about the tortoise and the hare. The hare could go faster, but spent so much time running around and wasting time that the tortoise won the race....
I feel like the tortoise. I have to use antibiotic eye drops 4 times a day and for about an hour afterwards, I have clear vision with no pain. So, I sew....slow and steady for four hours a day... The other times I sit on the sofa with eyes closed and listen to the TV. BORING!!!! But I am determined to finish the project I started on Monday.. Want a sneak peak??





At our Quilt Guild Christmas Party we were all given a yard of fabric. I was handed a (beautiful) piece of purple with sparkles. I quickly traded with the lady behind me for the green you see in the photo. We are to make anything we want to and bring it to the May?? meeting... I will show a photo when it's finished. I think there are very few members that read my blog...

So today I was back at the opthomologists office. The eye is better than yesterday, but not as good as she thinks it should be. She also thought she saw something in there yesterday, but with all the redness and irritation she wasn't sure. Today she tells me that I may have HERPES in my eye. I didn't even know you could GET herpes in your eye...I am really glad DH was there to hear it straight from her. Can you just imagine the phone call and quick explanation I would have to give? LOL Then I realized I would have to take the script to the pharmacy!! YIKES!! Now everyone in the pharmacy is gonna think I have herpes!! And not in my eye!! I tried to sit still and not squirm in my chair and then made sure I said something about the INFECTION IN MY EYE!!! Sheesh....why couldn't I have had something simple...

So it seems my time is up, eye starting to hurt again.

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

Disclaimer - in no way am I trying to make light of Herpes Simplex. It's all in fun folks....


2 comments:

Lorraine said...

how dedicated are you!! Glad you are getting a little relief with the eye....and hope it is completely better soon.......! Nice sneak peek!! will be looking out for a pic of the finished article!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Hope you eye is getting better. It sounds like what my friend had a few years ago and they said it was from shingles.
Patti