Monday, June 1, 2009

OOh La La.....french seams

Last week was a very special week. Do you think you can guess? Was it special because my last born became a senior? (Yes, you did!!) Was it special because I was told I was going to be a great-aunt? AGAIN!!

Maybe it was special because


I HIT 400 POSTS!!!

That's right!! Sometime last week, I wrote my 400th post. I would have never thought that I would have had enough to say to fill 400 posts. I am even pretty sure some of it was even interesting.....


So, should I have a giveaway? Should I sew up something on a Sunday evening, draw a name from all the commenter's last week and send it off? Did I hear a YES!!!


OK, Here is what I made Sunday evening...










Yes, it's a going green market bag.... Um...did you notice the FRENCH SEAMS...I have always read about French Seams, but never attempted them. What a great finish for a market bag. You certainly don't want to line a market bag. Can't have it heavy before you even load it up with goodies... So french seams are the answer...
This bag took only 1/2 yard of material and about 20 minutes to stitch... Not bad.

So, who is the winner?
Um....come back this afternoon, when I have had a chance to write everyones name down. You all got one entry for each comment last week. From Monday to Sunday.
So if you commented every day, you got 7 entries... You didn't even know it did you??

Well, today is working on that mystery quilt. I WILL CUT AND SEW ON THE BORDERS TODAY!! Nothing will deter me...I MUST DO IT...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

8 comments:

Pat said...

Okay....I'll look here when I get to NJ later today (on my girlfriend's computer). I LOVE that market bag. I use them but they are from the various grocery stores and I'd LOVE to have one that does NOT have advertising on it, so I hope I might have been the lucky person!!! Have a good day working on the mystery quilt.

~Bren~ said...

That's what I get for being a reader who is an infrequent commentor!! Love the bag and congrat on 400 posts. You are VERY interesting!!!!

Sweet P said...

Love the bag! Congrats on 400 posts!

Carolyn said...

400!?!?!?!? When you first said you had a blog I thought "what the heck can/will you write about?" Well, now we know!!! I check it (almost) everyday!!!

Congratulations!!!

And I'm going to be the new 1st time Grandma who is making Nancy a Great-Aunt again!!!

Carolyn

Carolyn

Amy R said...

Congrats Nancy! Love your antics!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations on 400 posts! Love how you did your give away!

Feedsack Fantasy said...

Love your bag ... congrats on your posts, & many more! Enjoy popping in on you ... TTFN ~ Marydon

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Congrats on 400 posts! I can not imagine it - good for you.