Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I need more zippers....

Have you been following the Minnesota Designer Blog Hop? Each day for two weeks a designer will post a free pattern. This is week two and yesterday was Terry Atkinson's post. If you have ever made a Yellow Brick Road quilt (and who hasn't!) then you know Terry's patterns. I love her patterns. Last Christmas I made quilts for 5 grandkids. Four of the patterns were Terry's. Yesterday she posted a tutorial for the cutest little bag. She calls it a sock sack and you are supposed to use it for knitting and such. I really liked the bag. Very simple, very adaptable. BUT.... I don't knit. I don't crochet. Well, you know us quilters, we repurpose everything!! I figured I needed to make one of these.

Tomorrow is Redwork Club and we are supposed to have our red/white cup bag challenge finished for show-n-tell. I hadn't even started mine yet. Until yesterday. I stopped pressing DH dress shirts and made one...and then two....



I used scraps for the red and white one and there wasn't enough extra fabric for ties, so I used some ribbon. I think it needs some red ribbon...

Wouldn't these make cute bags for gifts. You can use them for camera bags, cell phones, embroidery, toys.. You can put a toy in the bag and a gift card in the zipper pocket for Birthdays, Christmas, Easter.... so many ways to use this quick bag. I think I need to stock up on zippers.

Today it's Shelly from Cedar Canyon Textiles. Go on over and see what she has for us...

If you hopped over here from Terry's blog thanks for visiting. Come back soon. I have a special day this month. There might be presents for some of you....and you know me...I don't like to advertise my giveaways. I just pull winners from comments without notice... :- )

More sewing today...

Nancy

6 comments:

Margie said...

I check your blog out often, but have never posted to let you know about it. Am going to try one of those bags. Your picture is what did it. I saw the instructions on the hop but was not really impressed. You took a really good picture. Thanks

Jocelyn said...

Wow your bags turned out so cute. You really jumped on the bandwagon here. These bags look so functional. Great idea with the ribbons.

lesthook said...

Love the little bag! Clicked over and found she has the same first and last name as my daughter,LOL!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Nancy, aren't those the cutest bags, I downloaded the pattern as soon as I saw it. Yours turned out great.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Pat said...

Your bags turned out really cute. I've been following this Minnesota blog shop-hop...it's fun, isn't it?

Helz said...

Just Adore your Red & White version... too cute... can see I DO need to start yet another project...Lol Soooo... enjoying the Designer Blog Hop such an Awesome idea !!! Plus you meet lots of wonderfully interesting people...