Tuesday, July 28, 2009

yummmm........

Saturday while heading into the local home store to get more wood for a project hubby is making, I made him stop at a crappy little side store to buy some Calhoun peaches... By crappy, I mean that somebody bought a little hut, painted it blue and white striped and planted in on the side of the street and they are selling hub cabs, windows, you name it they got it kind of stuff....

So Sunday I used a recipe that we got at one of my group meetings and made a peach pie. Doesn't it look good? And it's easy...really....easy as PIE!! LOL



Want the recipe?

I aim to please....

Peach Pie by Sally

10 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced (I peeled mine
1/3 C AP flour
1/2 C white sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 t cinnamon
top and bottom crust... (I used Pillsbury refrigerated crust)

Mix flour, sugars and butter into crumb stage.
Place one crust in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate and add a layer of peaches.
Sprinkle some of the butter mixture over the top of the peaches, then put more peaches and more crumb mix and continue to layer until all the peaches and all the crumb mixture is gone.
Top with lattice strips of pie crust
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until crust is golden. (I had to add 10 minutes)

ENJOY!!!

Off to sew!!
Happy day,
Nancy

2 comments:

Pat said...

OOOOOO.....yummy looking and I bet it tasted terrific!!!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Thanks Nancy,
I love Peaches and we have plenty of them here in Georgia. I think I'll try your pie.

Pat