Wednesday, June 2, 2010

the one where I actually show you the retreat projects....

I am ready to go back to retreat... any time...just wish I could.

We had a great time..

This is what Veronica worked on...



Well, this one was finished, but she is making another one for someone else. That's what happens when you show off a quilt at work..

And this is what Bev worked on... She is making this for her grandson who is sports crazy. The fabric in the top right hand corner is all different colored tennies on black. When I went to watch my granddaughter last week, we went over and got her some more so she could use it as the backing. It's so dang cute..



And here are the 5 projects I either started or finished...

I had 6 fq's that I threw in my project tote at the last minute and was glad I did... I also threw in my Yellow Brick Road pattern. It's one I use a lot. 6 fq's make a great baby quilt.

So that's ONE...


These are my last two First Saturday blocks.... You can see all the blocks here. I am going to use this as one of my guilds UFO challenges, so I haven't done anything more to it..

That's TWO and THREE...



This quilt is for my sister. She wants to keep it at her house for her grandson Joseph. She has him every weekend while his Mom works and his Mom won't bring over the baby quilt I made her cause she is afraid she won't get it back. I guess that means she liked it... :-) Since this photo was taken I have added side borders and pieced the back and it will go to my long arm quilter tomorrow...

That's FOUR..



And this is the first project I made when I got to retreat. One of my daughters friends ordered two diaper bags for baby showers and this was the second one. She requested the blue and brown colors... It has already been delivered..I haven't heard whether the new mom liked it or not.


That's FIVE..



And that's it...

Now what will I talk about tomorrow.. The only thing going on around here is the Son being bored, interviewing someone to cut our grass tonight (son can't do it til he has healed from surgery!) and I am still stitching on the same redwork piece.

Oh, I know...I'm going on a picnic tomorrow. Guess I will take photos..

Nancy

9 comments:

Linda said...

I love everything you made. I am woking on some bags myself. I have orders for 4 now and finished one so far. Thanks for sharing!

Pat said...

Great projects you did on retreat. Oh...and if son is bored, I'm sure you could think of some inside, light-duty chores he could do for you that would keep him from being bored...like folding the laundry, loading and unloading the dishwasher, cooking, etc. :)

Anne D said...

It's about bloody time you showed those photos. Your projects look great.

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Did you get my email about a quilt show in Jefferson City this weekend?
Patti

Janet said...

There's nothing like a retreat to get going on projects but your machine must have been smoking. I do love the bag a lot.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

You've been busy. No goofing off for you at the retreat I guess. lol
No picnic tomorrow either. RAINED OUT! Maybe I'll make it to the Redwork meeting in July??

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Hi Nancy,

Lovely projects...the baby quilt especially :)

Hugs, Sharon

Shelly said...

Love the baby quilt--it would go great with the blue and brown baby bag!
Of course I never see anything you make that I don't like.
You're so inspiring, getting so many things done.
Maybe I can start doing things again!

Anonymous said...

Love the yellow brick road quilt & the diaper bag. do you make your own pattern for the bag or do you use a pattern? Would you share the name of the pattern?