Saturday, April 5, 2008

This was on purpose....

This Dove block has bothered me all day. I just didn't like the look of the dark beak against the calmness of the rest of the colors. It just "screamed" at me. Tonight while watching "Trading Spaces", I stitched a new one.

So here is before.....


And after....


I like the after better, so maybe I will make the first one into a pincushion so as not to waste it....

BTW, the stitching is not crooked, it's wet as I just rinsed out the blue marking pen.

Tomorrow I am going to add the strips to both blocks and also get that TicTacMo block sewn back together again. I need to have it ready for the quilter.

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

2 comments:

Sweet P said...

You have been busy this week. Nice job on the stitcheries.

Vicki said...

Nancy,
I agree, I like your second bird better. Your handwork is wonderful, and makes me want to start doing them too. I'm going to check out Lynette Anderson's site. And thank you for visiting my blog.
Vicki