Friday, August 8, 2008

Older, not Wiser.......

Hi! I'm Nancy's older (not by much though) sister. We look alot alike. I am her guest blogger for today and maybe tomorrow and maybe even Sunday.

Earlier in the week she stepped on a "9 Embroidery Needle" (I don't know what that is, but I'm sure most of you do know) and only part of the needle came out. She hobbled around for a couple of days and then decided (wisely) to go to have it checked out. My daughter was in town this week and drove to get her (40 minutes) and drive her around to the Dr's, etc. (dementia GG thinks my daughter drove 4 1/2 hours from her hometown to do this for her). Wellllllllllll, today at 2 pm, she is having surgery to remove the remainder of the needle from her big toe. She will be fine, after all she is a nurse, but the pain meds may put her down for a couple of days.

So I will contribute to her blog today with a recipe I created. It is a great recipe for summer and uses fresh vegetables. If you have any cooking skills at all it's very easy. If you don't have fresh broccoli, use frozen. If you don't have cherry tomatoes, cut up larger tomatoes. You will not compromise the taste. I hope you try it and like it.

Freah Veggie Recipe

And here is my famous "Put the Lime in the Coconut Muffins"


(Sorry I can't figure out how to post a link correctly and I need to get back to work)

I will report back on the progress of our patient late tonight or tomorrow.

Have a great week-end!!

Carolyn (aka Susie in Missouri)

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh no, that's awful! I hope Nancy has a nice easy recovery. And tell her I'm trying very hard not to laugh ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you filled in so nicely and easily! So happy to hear she had the needle taken out. Thanks for keeping us posted and here to a speedy recovery.