Monday, March 15, 2010

i'm tired....



I loved Blazing Saddles.. as politically incorrect as the movie is, I find it hilarious. This is my favorite song of the movie....

Like Madeline, I'm tired. Tired of sewing Civil War blocks.. So yesterday I decided to pull out a new pattern, a couple of charm packs and some Kona.

The pattern is Wild Thing by Camille Roskelley. I fell in love with it when she featured it on her blog way back when...



I had 2 charm packs of Moda Tranquility designed by Sandy Gervais. I guess it's an older line but I did google and found a few places on line with some charm packs. I think I bought this last year in Paducah. By the time you read this hopefully there are more than 3 blocks finished, but who knows...



On another note, a couple of weeks ago I was contacted by Sarah of Jewelry Art Designs and asked if I would like to receive a free piece of jewelry just for reviewing and blogging about it... um...let me think for a second...YEA!! I will...
After looking through her site, I finally settled on a pendant. This one in particular. It came a few days ago and I must say it is beautiful. Very well made and so pretty. I can't wait to wear it tomorrow to quilt guild and show it off. Thanks Sarah for finding my blog and giving me this great opportunity. I love it...



Nancy

15 comments:

SewDownunder said...

Hi, I am also busy with a civil wars quilt (9 patch thingy). Busy with the sashing now, yeah I am also TIRED . Good luck!

Anne D said...

I am a great believer in starting a new project. I really really really like that pattern too. The necklace is gorgeous. I am tired of boxes!

Copper Patch said...

The blocks are great. It's definitely worth having more than one project on the go. I'm always flitting between several :o)
Look forward to seeing the next installment.
Ab

Denise :) said...

I love the way it looks! Very interesting.

I love Blazing Saddles too. Probably because it *is* so politically incorrect!

Happy Monday! :)

Carolyn said...

Well, now I know you weren't adopted ;) because I LOVE Blazing Saddles too!!

I really to like the pendant - with the colors you could wear with so many different colors!

Carolyn

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Thanks for the U Tube and the laughs. I too am a Blazing fan..who cares if it is politically incorrect. Dang I love that pendant too.

Pat

Nancy Page said...

Love the pendant, Very pretty. Looks like a great new project. It gets old doing the same stuff over and over. Good idea to make a change for a while.

Have a great day.

Brenda said...

OK, That's too weird; my niece just finished making that quilt!You can see hers here:
http://ndrea-abreu.blogspot.com/2010/03/post-exam-happiness.html

There must be a Wild Thing going around! LOL!
I love that SG line myself so I can't wait to see your completed quilt. Hurry , Hurry! =)

Gail said...

Love Blazing Saddles and just about anything Madeline Kahn did-this number is one of my favorites. You are perfectly correct in starting another project, it is like taking a B12 shot to revitalize.LOL

~*~ said...

I love the way your wild things is looking with the Sandy Gervais fabric.

Isn't it so crazy how often you have to trim those blocks!?

My piece of life quilt on my blog is from Camille's patterns, it's called Piece of Cake.

Thanks for dropping by! good luck with the rest of WT!!!!!

~*~ said...

BTW, My HTB (Husband To Be) first introduced me to blazing saddles on one of our first dates.

I watch it at LEAST twice a year--I always laugh no matter how many times I watch it!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I love the Wild Thing pattern too, but haven't made one yet. Yours will be beautiful Nancy.

Terry said...

Love your green blocks! They're going to make a beautiful quilt! :0)

Unknown said...

Ooh, pretty necklace...Can I have it? LOL

Pat said...

That necklace is VERY pretty! Lucky you for getting the opportunity to wear it.