Saturday, March 6, 2010

redwork....

I love to do hand embroidery and usually have something going all the time....
Thursday was my monthly Redwork Club in old St Charles. We meet at Anne Hazelwood studio and usually have a program, treats and then show-n-tell.

This month our program was given by Miss Nancy. She did a wonderful program on Ruby Short McKim. There were also yummy treats brought by Pat.

Then we got to the show-n-tell..... There were only a couple this month, but boy they were fabulous...

Waunetha's redwork quilt. These are Ruby Short McKims Roly Poly Animals. She does absolutely stunning stitching..



And look at that red quilting in the border...



We have two Japanese women that come to our club... I am not sure why they in the US, there is a bit of a language barrier...

Original design, hand pieced, hand quilted... She said since our club was all about red and white, she felt she needed to make this...



Original design, made in one month.. and she just learned to crochet..



Great show-n-tell, huh?

Have you voted? You have until tonight...

I am off to see all 5 of my grandkids today.... hope I can get them to sit still to get a photo...

Nancy

6 comments:

Pat said...

Nice show and tell from your group. Enjoy your day with the grands.

Anonymous said...

Nice show and tell......love the original redwork!
Bev

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Oh, your post is great with the redword and r&w quilts. Beautiful photos and work.

Yup I just went and voted for you!!!

Lorraine said...

great show and tell indeed! Love the red quilting in the border of the quilt.....! Gotta love red and white! Enjoy the visit with the grandies....I am sure you will get them to sit still for a pic.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Oh my goodness.....I need to join that group. Can I?? Is it full or is it toooo late??? Thursday's I dont work. I'd love to join you guys.
OMG that red and white quilt is to die for. With the houses on it. I love that.
Matter of fact, I was in St. Charles on Thursday darn it. All alone too.

Anne D said...

Thanks for the show and tell photos. Wish I was there.