Friday, March 26, 2010

uh oh...


I guess I should have checked the pattern one last time... Looks like I have another border to put on this quilt before it is finished. Luckily I have the red fabric to match...

Thanks for all the great quilting suggestions yesterday. I think I will do what most of you suggested which is to use the pinwheels as a guide to do some straight line quilting on the diagonal and also do 1/4 inch inside the chick blocks.

But first I need that last red border and my chicks are still hobbling...

Nancy

5 comments:

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Hi Nancy...I love your chubby chicks quilt...what a shame it has been sitting in the closet...
I'm uncomfortable quilting...so i have a few quilt tops that are not seeing the light of day.
Hugs, Sharon

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That is going to be such a cute quilt Nancy! The red border will be perfect.

Pokey said...

the lil' chicks are cute even without their legs!

Helen said...

Nancy,
I love the Chubby Chicks quilt. Love all the quilts you make.
I hope you don't mind, I added you to the "places I visit" list on my blog.
Keep the inspiration coming !

Rita said...

Hi Nancy, I finished this quilt a few months ago. I used a 30's green instead of red for my pinwheels. I still have to quilt it..not sure what to do. For the legs, I used a decorative stitch on my machine..it looks like a zig zag with a few straight stitches in between. It turned out great and was done in a few minutes.