Wednesday, March 17, 2010

still working...

I have made more blocks since Sunday...and they have all been trimmed to the pattern size... All the greens are done and I am starting on the gold/tan colors now. I flipped through the charm pack and I can't wait to get to the oranges and blues..



I am going slow and taking my time. This quilt hasn't been spoken for so I don't have a deadline. This is a Thimble Blossom pattern by Camille Rosekelly. The link is in the last post.

And I finished a little baby quilt. I was making this for a special someone, but it turns out she is having a boy...so I have some different fabrics ordered and will make a different pattern. This one will go on the shelf for a sweet baby girl at some point. I need to get a few on the shelf for emergencies...

This started as this pattern off Moda Bake Shop. I thought I had a honey bun... After getting the strip sets sewn and sub-cut, I didn't have 25 blocks. hm...I count 9 blocks. I had a little green box with two rolls of strips in them. They didn't match. Wonder what that is called? Cause it isn't a honey bun.



So I used that pattern to start and then added sashing and the little peeker with inspiration from Linda's quilt pattern that I tested last year. (BTW, that's my quilt on the pattern front!)



And I love my straight line quilting... It doesn't get easier than just putting on the walking foot and going to town...

It's been washed and dried and is all crinkley and sitting on the shelf...



Nancy

8 comments:

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Gorgeous quilt
Hugs, Sharon

Pat said...

VERY nice!

Unknown said...

Well aren't you the clever bunny, very sweet quilt.

Anonymous said...

Hey...skip on to the orange/blue ones...Im dying to see those colors! The greens are pretty.
I got the Presidents block done...wnat it early ?
Bev

Anonymous said...

s'cuse me...."want" the block early??
Bev

Anne D said...

Wild thing is going to be a great quilt. I love the pattern. The baby quilt is gorgeous. I am sure it will not be long before a baby claims that.

Michele T said...

I love this - it inspires me to make something similar! Thanks for sharing.

Jodi Nelson said...

Awesome quilting! Love it. ;o)