Wednesday, September 1, 2010

and now for something a little more modern...

This is the only quilt I actually finished at retreat last week... After unpacking my project totes, I realized that I had only packed 2 projects and my redwork... hm...that didn't give me much to choose from...


sorry about the wrinkles...


The pattern is by Buggy Barn (you can order it here). (The link is correct. I made version 2, directions are in that pattern and a photo is on the back, promise!)

I love the polka dots...I think they are perfect..even though they are different sizes and the borders aren't matchy, matchy... I love them... This is one of my 5 finishes for a guild challenge and will become a quilt for Shriners Hospital in St Louis...

I think I will make another one..the guild is having a class this month and I already have the pattern...just need to pick out some fq's...


And you can't attend retreat without going to the LQS (twice, but who's counting?)...which happens to be Hickory Stick in Hannibal, Mo.. I bought more, but it's a surprise and "someone" reading my blog would KNOW it was for her...

But I did buy these... Buy one, get one free.... so 2 yards of each... I have no plan for them yet...they are resting...

I also bought this book, but it went missing for a bit and didn't show up at photo time...

Love the red/white/black quilt on the cover... Maybe I will use some of these pinks with black and white...hm...just a thought..

Nancy

10 comments:

Pat said...

Nice star quilt. Is that done with paper piecing?? I think the pink fabrics would look great paired with b/w fabric to make that one cover quilt.

Carin said...

I love that star patten isn't it fun. The pink fabric is so yummy!

Anonymous said...

Your making a quilt for me??? Ooohhhhhh thank you....!!!
Bev

Anne D said...

Love the polka dot border!!!The quilt looks great.

Thimbleanna said...

I LOVE that star pattern quilt -- and your colors are just so fresh and modern!

Lorraine said...

Pink and black/white would be fab Nancy....but black/white fabrics go with so many colours....As I found out when I was doing my log cabin the other day.....love the star quilt...!

Nancy Page said...

Love the stars, the black makes them pop. The pink fabric is wonderful.

Have a super great day!

Kris said...

Oh! I am making a quilt using those fabrics, but in a lime green colourway at the moment. What a shock to see them on your blog looking all pink. So the same and so completely different at the same time!

Unknown said...

I love the lime green and yellow with the black...this is a really fun quilt!

SheilaC said...

I really like your star quilt! Your colors are great.

The first full sized quilt I made was a star quilt for my daughter :)

SheilaC