Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dear blog,

How have you been?  I have been ok, although very busy.  I am sorry I seem to have neglected you.  I have been trying to balance two households.  Monday through Friday I am in one house getting ready to go to the other house and work  my butt off.  I am getting absolutely no sewing done. I did take my redwork with me last week, but after working all day my fingers hurt too much to work on it...which is just as well as I forgot to add embroidery thread to the kit... doh! 

I have a few things to look forward to...  I joined the St Louis chapter of the Modern Quilt Guild and we have our first meeting Oct 9th...  And that is a Saturday...and I'm excited.  I need to make a name tag and I am trying to think of ideas..  I would like red and white as those are my fav colors...or maybe yellow and white cause that's my second fav color...  and of course it needs to be cool and modern...am I too old to be "cool" and "modern"? I also need to gather up some show-n-tell and print off directions.  It's gonna take about an hour to drive there, but I am sure it will be totally worth it.

And I will be going on a little mini-sewing retreat the following week.  I guess I will need to find some time to get my supplies together...  Maybe next week? 

So please blog...hang in there.. I will have something soon... I hope... meanwhile I am off to the grocery store so we will have food this weekend..

So talk to you later blog... write back.

Nancy

9 comments:

Diane said...

So fun - red is my favorite color, and yellow my second favorite also!

Patty Nordahl said...

We readers of your blog understand. Sometimes life just gets in the way. I am enjoying hearing about the reconstruction just as much as I enjoy hearing about you sewing projects. Having 2 quilty excursions ahead will be a nice break from your time as a builder. I look forward to hearing from you when you can find the time.

Rita said...

Don't worry about your blog...we're not going anywhere. I like hearing about your reconstruction....enjoy the process. Just think how cool your sewing room will be when you're finished. I vote for the red and white name tag.

Jocelyn said...

I hear ya! We had been doing the same thing........until I fell! Take care.

Gari in AL said...

Part of me is jealous of you being able to rework your new house to be just what you want. Another part of me is so happy it is you and not me doing all that work. But I am glad to see that you are making some time for fun and fabric creativity.

Pat said...

We'll still be here whenever you can pop in to see us......have a productive work weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

most importantly is the mini retreat!!!!
Bev

SheilaC said...

Good to "see" you! can't wait to hear about your new guild and the retreat :)

SheilaC

Anonymous said...

from Nellie
Glad to hear you're making progress - from the looks of that pile in the yard! Do be careful, it's easy to smack yourself (or someone else) with all those tools involved. Thanks goodness for this weather - dry and cool. Think of you often.
sew197@yahoo.com