Monday, September 13, 2010

Design wall Monday 9-13-2010

I have nothing on my design wall right now. I do have a huge amount of UFO's that are taking over my sewing room. I have 5 flimsys that are ready to be basted and quilted and my Civil War Love Letters hasn't been touched since I came back from retreat at the end of August. I am still putting rows together...

But I did put the binding on a quilt yesterday so I do have a finish...

This quilt will be donated for a very special purpose. My oldest daughter is the director of a Hospice. Part of their program is granting small wishes for the patients. Right now their funds are depleted so what does a quilter do? She makes a quilt and donates it...


pattern is Yellow Brick Road by Terri Atkinson

And while we are at it...let's donate another one!!


you can find the inspiration for this quilt HERE

And hubby said "don't leave me out"..so he donated one of his handmade oak picture frames...



I hope they raise a ton of money..

Go see what everyone else has on their design wall over at Judy's....

Nancy

11 comments:

Pat said...

You and hubby are so kind to make and donate those items. Hospice programs are so wonderful and their work is a blessing to those who need it. I hope they raise a lot of money, too.

Terry said...

Beautiful quilts! Nice frame too! :0)

Jocelyn said...

Love the colors of your yellow brick road! Hope it brings in lots to help Hospice.

Nancy Page said...

Wonderful quilts and oak frame. Well done. Hope they bring lots of money. The buyers will be getting treasures.

Have a super great sewing day.

Rita said...

I love your Yellow Brick Road quilt. That is one of my favorite "go to" patterns. I hope it raises lots of money for such a great cause.

Trudi said...

Both quilts are beautiful Nancy, and so is the frame. What wonderful donations, I hope they to raise a ton of money :)

Anne D said...

The quilts look great and I love the frame. They should raise a lot of money.

Roselie said...

Great job on the quilt Nancy and the frame is very nice, too.

Is there any way we can take chances for this great cause?

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Very generous donations...they are all just so lovely..

Melinda said...

Nice donations - hopefully they will make a lot of money on them.

AnnieO said...

Very lovely handmade items, sure to be treasured.