Thursday, March 27, 2008

Age = Temp

Have you ever noticed how a person's age is directly related to the temperature they are most comfortable?? Kids starting at age 15, 16 or 17 will leave the house in the dead of winter with no coat. A temp of 15F is fine for them. (of course, it isn't COOL to wear a coat, I'm not so old I can't remember that!!) When you hit the middle ages the temperature surrounding you stays around 50F to 60F....
So where is this going?? What is in the back of this pea-brain, you ask??

Today was cleaning day....at my Mom and Dad's....where the


TEMP WAS 80F...


Are you freaking kidding me?? Just so you know, temp outside was 64. I would have had the friggin windows open!!!! But, not them.. Oh no...the FURNACE was on and humming along at 80F. I hope they don't freeze tonight...I changed it to 60F and forgot to change it back. It is quite possible they will be Popsicles in the morning...lol Oh, the things I will do for a little bit of fabric money...


Anyway......



Monday I got Grace's quilt back from the quilter and sewed on the binding. Then Tuesday I hand sewed the back. Even though you can't see it in the photo, there are at least 8 sides to this quilt. Well, that's what it seemed like when I was doing the hand sewing...I swear I thought it the edges kept growing and growing... This is Grace's Christmas quilt. She is 6 and loves pink. It will now go into a pillowcase and reside at the top of my closet to be joined by 5 more. I have two tops already completed and need to put the backs together and take them to the quilter. Then start on Ava's and find a pattern for bitty baby (as she is called at 7 weeks).

Wednesday was redwork club at my LQS. I was happy to see a new member who had never done redwork. She caught on really quick and was so excited. She couldn't wait to get started on our project, which is Winter Wonderland .

Tonight is the season finale of Celebrity Apprentice. I wasn't going to watch this one and then my sister asked if I had seen it and I was hooked. I am betting on Trace Adkins. I also can't wait to see Omarosa and Piers get at it tonight....lol

Tomorrow the beetle goes to the dealers for some repair. Some thing came out of the window and it shouldn't have... and then I got the "Grandma" call. You know the one...."I can't find a babysitter and mommy and daddy have to work and can you drive out here and watch "bitty baby"? Uh, YEA!!

If you are in the St. Louis area, visit the Bit's and Pieces Quilt Show.
Click for more information. I am going on Sunday to spend some of that Hot House Housekeeping Money....LOL

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

PS. I wanted a menopause cartoon for the top. Do me a favor?? Don't google "HOT MAMA".. LOL

4 comments:

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

ROFLMAO!!!!! I could have told you it would be hot - next time threaten to wear a Bikini if it's hot in the house - that should get them to turn it down ;)

Go Trace!!!! Aren't you glad you started watching.......

Your Sis.....

Unknown said...

Well you know if someone tells me not to do something, I'm going to do it. So that said I googled HOT MAMA.....ROFLOL. Now, Nancy why didn't you use one of thos pics?.....lol....
Love Grace's quilt, just gorgeous.
So does that mean I should phone you around 8.30 - 9pm?....lol...

Luckybear said...

Hi Nancy,

I've enjoyed reading your blog from time to time after I joined the Spring Fling Round Robin. It makes me smile. I must have been born old as I have always been known to be cold. I want to live with your parents - 80 degrees sounds wonderful.

-Kari