Thursday, March 6, 2008

Don't spill the beans, uh pins.....

Lynette has just started a wonderful Noah's Ark FREE BOM. The first design (of two cute bunnies) is already up and ready to print and stitch. The designs will be posted on her blog and today she has posted a mock up of the entire quilt so you can get a visual.

Blueberry Lane Designs has unearthed a treasure in a box. She has found an extra copy of an out-of-print book of Lynette's all about pincushions. She is challenging us to show her our pincushions. So here are mine....


This is the one that is attached to Bernice (my Bernina).. A piece of ribbon, a piece of velcro and a little handmade pincushion. I love this one and use it all the time.



These are my cute pincushions. The red and white was received in a swap (Thanks Anne!), I made the wool cupcake and the wool one was given to me by my sister-in-law.
Aren't they all pretty? and I am sure very functional..




Wait a minute!! What is that?? Who slipped that photo in there? Oh, these are the pincushions that I use EVERY TIME I sew... One stays on the ironing board and the other stays next to the sewing machine. I pin everything at the ironing board and remove all pins at the sewing machine. SO when one is empty, the other is full and they are switched.... Like a lot of us, they aren't the most beautiful in the world, but they are hard working and get the job done with little fuss...

Update - I got the last borders put on Weaver Fever. Off to the quilters soon.... Will post a photo when it comes back and has binding and is put away safely for a Christmas present...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

2 comments:

PiecefulChaos said...

I love the pincushion attached to your Bernina! I may have to copy this.

~Bren~ said...

I love the pic of baby Abbie on your sidebar. She is gorgeous!!
Great pincushions...hope you win the book!!