Monday, March 31, 2008

The Saga of the 30's prints.....

Linda left a comment yesterday asking if I bought the 30's fabric, which made me realize that I neglected to write about that.....

So around the corner from "THE" vendor that was suspicious of me was a vendor with 3 tables of 30's FQ's. Now, these were on my list. I need 12 to make "Snapshots" from Terri Atkinson's Happy Hour book for Ava. She will be 3 right after Christmas so I thought 30's would be perfect. You know 3, 3-0's....oh well.... Anyway...

I roped Miss Nancy and Anne into helping me find the perfect FQ's. 12 divided by 2 is 6, so I wanted 6 yellow and 6 pink. We pawed through every FQ's there and made an absolute mess of them and couldn't find 6 yellows and 6 pinks that I liked. So, we decided to add purple. 12 divided by 3 colors is 4. I should be able to find 4 of each color, right? A half hour later and we have 12 FQ's that look wonderful together. Then, Miss Nancy decides to open one up. Dang Nab it...They aren't FQ's, they are 1/4 yards. Heck, I don't know if I can use them as I don't have the pattern with me. No FQ's for me....although we left a complete mess...

Rain yesterday....and I would tell you what the weather is today, but I am sure you don't care and I am writing this yesterday which is really today so the I can't predict.

Happy Sewing,
Nancy
PS - It is dreary, gray and wet. A perfect day to run some errands and do some sewing.
PPS - No sewing therapy yesterday.....I WILL sew the backing today....

No comments: