Sunday, October 26, 2008

And much too soon, we are back.....

Updated - Photo added at the end of this post.....

We had a WONDERFUL TIME!! Didn't we girls??? Lynn, Bev and I took off Friday morning after packing Bev's SUV with a 6ft table, a 4ft table, 3 bags of food, 3 bags of clothes, 3 sewing machines and numerous other stuff tucked under and behind the seats... We stopped in Hermann, Mo for lunch at a "just ok" diner and then headed on to Swiss, Mo and the marvelous meat market... After much pulling and tugging, we finally got Lynn to leave with a promise to stop on the way home...

We got to Lost Valley Lake around 1pm and started to get set up.



This was the view from our deck.. and the lake below....



Bev started working on a small Halloween wall hanging. It was a shadow play block (can't remember the name and didn't get a photo) that she struggled with Friday and some of Saturday. It was 4 rows of 4 blocks. She sewed the top 2 rows together and then sewed the bottom 2 rows together. The problem came in when she tried to sew the 4 rows together...they didn't match up. One was off by 1/4 inch and I'll be dagged if we could figure out why....after much huffing and puffing, she put it away and started working on a Bonnie Hunter quilt pattern she downloaded from her site called Boxy Stars.

I don't know how many of these she got done, but it was A LOT!!
What a great quilt pattern. I can't wait to start one of my own....I have already printed the directions.

Lynn was working on a pattern from a magazine. Ok, I should have taken a photo of the magazine, cause it was TRASHED!! All the pages were ripped out and loose. And this was the second one she bought. She totally destroyed the first one. I couldn't figure out how she could do that until I noticed that she was sitting on it!! I guess that was the only way she could keep track of it???... She had 4 jelly rolls and was sorting them into lights and darks and then stitching two light together and then two darks together and then she added lights to the outside of the darks and darks to the outside of the lights and then putting little corner triangles on them...oh my...it was confusing...she had fabric all over the place. SEE??

She even used the bed!!!
Here they are working, working, working....


I just realized there are no photos of my projects....hmmm.. I worked on a mystery quilt. I need to add a top and bottom border and hope to get it to my quilter tomorrow. She only works on Mondays and Fridays at the LQS and I don't want to wait until Friday...I need it back...
I also brought some great tote bag fabric with red rick rack and everything. Unfortunately I didn't get very far because I forgot black and red thread so I started another redwork basket block. Next time I will take longer than 20 minutes to pack my sewing stuff....LOL

We left this morning and stopped at the Swiss Market to get some more great summer sausage and Lynn bought a bread board. Then we stopped at a QUILT SHOP on the way home... Um, Lynn bought some more jelly rolls!! She heard the price is going up, so she is stocking up...lol

All in all, we had a great time. I have another quilt retreat in November. I will pack more thoroughly for that one.

Bev sent me a photo of her Halloween Quilt from H-LL....
Click on the photo to make this one bigger....








Happy Sewing,
Nancy

5 comments:

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Loved the peek into your retreat! Great Boxy Stars!

Bonnie

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The scenery is just gorgeous, sounds like you all had a ball.

~Bren~ said...

What a fun trip!! You Missouri girls are all so much fun!!! I have met more quilter's from Missouri than any other place!
The last Christmas quilt is gorgeous, but I was so shocked at how big Abby has gotten!

Anonymous said...

A comment from Bonnie......what an HONOR!!!!!!

The picture is acceptable......hee hee.......
A wonderful time was had by all three and we are very grateful to Nancy for the opportunity to go.
Bev

Pat said...

Well...I think the Halloween Quilt from H*LL turned out VERY nice!!! I guess perseverance was the name of the game with that one...and it sure paid off! (If she doesn't like it, I'll find a happy home for it!!! LOL)