Wednesday, October 15, 2008

back in the saddle again....

I am finally getting back in the sewing room... It feels good..

Yesterday I drove down to my monthly sew-in with Miss Nancy and Anne. Miss Nancy was the show and tell winner with a big box of quilt magazines she said we could go through and take what we wanted. Oh, I whipped right through them and found two. It will take Anne a few months to get through them. She looks at every page...

One of the magazines I took was this one...


This is the cover quilt which I LOVE!!

So I found some fabric and cut two 12 inch squares ...stack them up and make four cuts anywhere....switch out the second and fourth strips and resew.


Turn and repeat... Here are mine before trimming to 8 1/2in..


And after trimming...


I think I might like to do this for a whole quilt. It took about 15 minutes to make these two. umm....next time I won't use upholstery fabric.lol And after looking at the photos they look a bit lopsided. I know now not to cut too close to the edge. I would love this in the cheddar and red colorway with some tan thrown in there for good measure. Very pretty... guess I need to start collecting fabrics.

Can't leave you without some photos from last week...Abbie is such a good girl...and loved crawling over to the laundry room to see Oliver.



How do you think this opens?


Happy Sewing,
Nancy

ps to Paula and Lisa - I am off to shop at a wonderful quilt store Friday...Watch for your winnings next week...

4 comments:

Joanna said...

I love the blocks and the wonkiness of them - seems simple enough - I might give it a go!!

Unknown said...

Now that's a different looking block. My gosh little Abbie is growing like a weed.

jacquie said...

cute! love this idea.

Anonymous said...

Nancy! You won the PImp Stitch Giveaway!!!
http://pimpstitch.typepad.com/blog/2008/10/giveaway-winner-of-the-i-3-free-stuff-wip-flickr-challenge.html