Tuesday, October 28, 2008

If you could see me now....

You would see me sitting on the couch typing this note. I have my eyes closed (yes, I can type with my eyes closed!), listening to the dog snore and someone outside cutting the grass. They apparently didn't check the weather as it is 46 degrees here. You could smell....umm....nothing?? I have hopes of making the Apple Hill Cake recipe from Kim's blog (eyes open now) today. I thawed the apples overnight in the fridge. (check out her apple dumpling recipe while you are over there)....

Instead, I just got back from the Rock Star's school. Apparently they were painting? in English? and some kid squirted orange paint all over his new sweater. Since he purchased it himself with HIS hard earned $40, he called to ask me to come get it and wash it so it doesn't stain. If I would have bought it, he would have stuffed it into the hamper with nary a thought....

I still have to do something today...I have done nothing past making the bed and of course putting that sweater in the washer in cold water.... I had plans to unpack all my sewing stuff from last weekend, put the top and bottom borders on the mystery quilt, make apple cake, iron some of DH dress shirts, etc. Tomorrow I will go and get the backing for the mystery quilt and I have to have the borders on so I can measure it and get the right amount of backing and get it sewn together so I can drop it off with Pat on Friday...

Well, I have done something. I lifted my load this morning. I did something this morning for ME.. I have been a moderator of a yahoo group where members sell off their leftover sewing stuff. I have approved messages, approved members, mediated problem sales between buyer and seller, explained to members how to add photos to the group albums, how to use paypal, how to figure shipping on packages without going to the post office, etc. For the past two weeks, I have been mulling around in my brain the thought that I am tired of it. Tired of the ads, tired of the new members, tired of members not reading the rules, tired of IT ALL...so I quit. I removed myself as moderator. (before you think bad of me, I did email the owner of the group and tell her my decision and waited for her reply before I did anything).

I feel good....

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

STANDING OVATION!!!!!!!!!!
APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!

Your Sis - Carolyn

antique quilter said...

good for you doing something for yourself!
bravo!!!!

Pat said...

I think we reach a certain stage in life where we have earned the right to say "NO" more often. As women, we are so accustomed to trying to do as much as possible (usually TOO much) and I think we need to give ourselves a break at some point. I'm glad you decided to DO that now. Hooray for you!!!