Saturday, October 20, 2007

Best laid plans and all that.......

So I have all the hand embroidery done on the basket wall hanging (see right photo) but after fusing all the pieces securely I found I don't have any dark brown sewing thread for the blanket stitching.... will have to search the web. I like the Gutermann 100% cotton and it is impossible to find in my neck of the woods. Hopefully I will find it at some online store.....

SO....I should be cleaning the sewing room, but I just swept all that stuff aside and started a new project. I belong to a local Redwork Club and we are to have a Christmas swap. Very few rules...no more than $5; doesn't have to be stitching related and MUST be red and white only. Here is a sneak peak at my project.



Can't tell you what it is as I don't know who will find me in blog land.

Happy sewing today....Nancy

6 comments:

Darlene said...

Nancy welcome to blogland! This is very, very addictive. Enjoy!

I'll be back to visit again.

Alice I. said...

Nancy in MO!! A big welcome to blogland. I'm still sorta new at blogging myself but it has been lots of fun so far. Linda sent me over to welcome you. I had a chance to look at the basket project and it is very cute! Can't wait to see the red work project also! I finally gave a try at some stitching myself and I actually found that I enjoyed it! I'm hoping I will learn lots from you in the coming months since it appears you are a "seasoned" stitcher...lol. Again, welcome! I'll have to drop by again!

Sweet P said...

Welcome Nancy! I belong to the Redwork group too. You will find blogland to be addictive as well as loads of fun.

The children are adorable and you tale of them at the wedding is to true.

Jeanne said...

Welcome to blogland! I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Pat said...

Hi Nancy,

Linda suggested that I welcome you to blogland sooooo Welcome! I am a new blogger also. I enjoy embroidery and quilting so I will be checking back often. Have fun.

Pat

May Kristin said...

Fun idea! Look forward to see what you are making! Welcome to blogland! I've not been here too long myself. It is fun!