Friday, October 19, 2007

In the beginning

With some gentle (pushy girl!) urging from a blogger friend, I have decided to put pen to paper (or is it finger to keyboard?) . A bit of boring stuff about me. I live in a small town in eastern Missouri. Hubby and I have one son still at home (the rocker guitarest), two married daughters, and 4.5 grandchildren (which I will blog about shamelessly).....

My first two loves are hand embroidery and quilting not necessarily in that order....

My current projects are a hand embroidered baby quilt for that .5 grandchild due in February and Winter Wonderland. Both will combine stitching and quilting....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yahhhhh you did it, good for you. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.

Anonymous said...

HELLO, Nancy ! A heartful welcome to Blogland ! You're gonna have a lot of fun, and won't regret it ! Blogland quilters are really wonderful women...
Combining stitchery and quilting : isn't that the best ! Can't wait seeing photos of your projects...

Smiles to you !
NADINE in Belgium.

ps : by the way, your grand kids are soooo cute !

Lindah said...

Welcome to blogland, Nancy! --this said by a woman who does not blog, but loves to read blogs and make new friends. Thanks to Linda for announcing your new blog. I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with you and seeing your work, learning more about the quilting craft as we learn from each other. --and yes, more pix of those cute granchildren!

Blessings,
Linda H

Cathi said...

Welcome to Blogland! Looking forward to seeing your work!

Rose Johnston said...

Welcome to Blogland Nancy!!!....ur going to love it. Cant wait to see some of ur work and hear stories of the grandkids
Take care
Hugs from Tasmania

TinaTx said...

Hello, and welcome to blogland, Nancy! I can't wait to see pics of your projects.
Your grandchildren are cuties - I'm sure the 'camera shy' one is just as cute as the three pictured.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Welcome again, a push from Linda to come visit you.

I lived in St. Louis 4 years, enjoyed Missouri!

Can't wait to see some of this redwork.