Monday, October 22, 2007

Vintage Linen Update

Such nice comments were left yesterday about my Grandma Bernices Linens. Kim had a suggestion to use the pillow cases as pillow shams. I took the extra pillows off of the day bed in the guest room and here is the result....



I really like them like this so now I will need to replace the guest room pillows.
I also noticed after taking the photo that the white lamp on the nightstand doesn't look quite right in the room. It looks too modern for my 40's furniture. Wonder why I never noticed that before? Guess a new lamp should be on my shopping list.

I try to be a creature of habit and today is laundry day so I have already started the washer and dryer going.... with three people it shouldn't take me all day to do laundry, but it will. I also need to make a menu for this week. It's easier for me to know what to cook for dinner every night if it is posted somewhere.
Last night was Lasagne and French bread which my son enjoyed thoroughly...hope he will be equally excited tonight with Roast....lol

Happy Sewing day!!
Nancy

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The pillows look lovely like that Nancy, and if Ryan doesn't want roast, express mail it to my house....

KC Quilter said...

Hi, Nancy, welcome to Blogland!!! It is so-o-o addictive! I "know" you from Pat's Yahoo Group (Vera in KC). Have bookmarked your blogsite and will visit often.

Elaine said...

Nancy~

Nice room. I love the simplicity of it.

~Elaine

Sweet P said...

Using the pillow cases as shams was a great idea. I love your room.

Kim said...

I LOL when I saw the photo of your lamp. I have the very same lamp! Do you shop at thrift stores, too? :)

I spray painted mine green to blend in with the rest of the mismatched furnishings in our guest room. I added a new shade made of homemade paper with flowers pressed into it. Square shaped. Reworking furnishings is good and creative fun.

Lindah said...

Nancy, your vintage cases look lovely--and safe--as shams. Good idea. I need to try that. I have many vintage cases and dresser scarves that both my mother and I made back in the 40s and 50s--sitting in the closet. Another idea that I want to work on soon, is to make a small crazy quilt using those embroidered and crocheted lace edged portions. I saw one in our LQS last year. It was really lovely.
Blessings,
Linda H

Lindah said...

PS--If the pillowcases are vintage --and I made them....does that make me vintage, too??? :-P