Saturday, October 27, 2007

A ticket, A tasket.......



We took a Market basket.....to the "almost, kind of" local(as in an hour away) Farmers Market. Soulard Market is in downtown St Louis and has been there since 1779 (just like the sign says, which is where I got the date, lol). I hadn't been there since forever and after we moved back here we kept telling ourselves we must take the rock guitarest down there. Today was the day. We dragged (drug? not really) the rock guitarest out of bed at the ungodly hour of 6am on a Saturday morning. He wasn't really excited about going, but got his pillow and ipod and slumped into the back seat. We went by and got my sister and took off. After some backsseat (and front seat) driving, we finally arrived and found a parking place in a really not too bad parking lot right across the street. A metered parking lot to be exact, but beings as it is a Saturday, didn't have to feed the meter. Yea! more money for fruits and veggies...

Some great pictures of the Market.....

THE saleman of the day...

My sister's bounty...

A passle of pasta....

A few good tangerines picked out by my sister and my hubby...

Oh, BTW, did you notice the title?? A ticket!!A tasket....That isn't a typo..

When we got back to the truck, we found a parking ticket on the windshield. Apparently we were the ONLY ones that didn't know you have to feed the meter on Saturdays. Oh well, it is $10 well spent. We all had a great time and will return before Thanksgiving for more goodies...

Then we took off about 5 miles down the road to Cherokee Street which is a couple of blocks of renovated old row homes and antique stores. My sister took the rock guitarest to the corner coffee shop and hubby and I took off to some shops. Did a lot of looking, but no buying.

All in all a great Saturday!!

Happy Sewing Day...
Nancy

PS....The rock guitarest said the Farmers market was "way cool".

3 comments:

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

I will have the freshest, bestest salsa, home-made beef vegetable soup, stuffed peppers and fresh pineapple!!! Rock guitarist and I had a great visit over coffee, he thought the coffee house was "way cool" too! My bounty looks great with the towel you made for me!

Your sis :)

PS - thanks for the invite, I had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Oh .... Such GREAT memories of Soulard market! I used to go at lunch from my job at Anheuser-Bush. And there was a great restaurant nearby that had fabulous salad dressing.

Do they still have the friend bread? Sort of like a flat donut?

Miss having a cool market!