Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Planning day.....

Today will be spent doing some planning for a new Redwork club I agreed to start at my LQS. We will be working on a pattern called Winter Wonderland by Crab Apple Hill Studios (http://crabapplehillstutdio.com/ .


I have six of the blocks finished and need to get number 7 at least traced to show them tomorrow. Last I heard there were only 3 ladies signed up although a lot more asked for an evening class. I don't know if these ladies already know how to stitch or if I will have to start at the beginning so I will have to be prepared for anything. This means packing up the traced block, untraced block, light box, all my stitching supplies and anything else I can think of. LOL

I also want to take some decorative items such as an old redwork tablecloth I got on ebay.

Thought I would show off more stitchery, but first a wee bit of history....

I started doing redwork when I was in 7th grade. We did what was then called "chicken scratch". You know, the cross stitchs over gingham...(wow, I am dating myself). It was a school project and I was a good girl, so I finished it into an apron. Did a little bit more embroidery as a Navy wife. This was in the early 70's, so most of it was large loopy flowers and peace signs on Navy Corpmans jeans...lol Then I put it away while raising 2 wonderful daughters. A little over a year ago we moved to a new town and one of the local quilt shops offered a free Redwork Club. I thought if I joined, I would not only get back into Redwork, but meet some new friends. I have done both!! The Redwork Club is a great bunch of ladies and we have a grand time.

Here is one of the first projects I did after I moved here. These hang in my upstairs hallway....





These were stitched using 12 wt Sulky thread and then I use crayons to color the little boys scooter and the little girls flowers. I guess they turned out ok.

Now to get planning and packing....

Happy Sewing Day!!
Nancy

4 comments:

Sweet P said...

Those are gorgeous first works. Thanks for sharing.

atet said...

What lovely pieces -- welcome to blogland!

Solstitches said...

Hi Nancy,
Your little stitcheries are so sweet.
Good luck with the new redwork club. The ladies are so lucky to have you teach them.
I love the pictures of your wallhangings and your grands too:)
Enjoy blogging. It is fun and will bring you lots of new friends.
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,
I have 2 brand new Winter Wonderland Patterns left over from my old shop that I am willing to sell at cost which is 12.00 if you know someone that wants them. Shipping not included.
I have so enjoyed your blog. I love to sticth too. Stop by for a visit. My email is inmystudio@sbcglobal.net
www.elizabethssimplejourney.blogspot.com
Blessings,
Elizabeth