Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy National Quilting Day...



How are you celebrating National Quilting Day today? I am off to a local quilt show and shopping the vendors... Yea, I know...I am lucky.

To keep you busy I thought I would share the link to Heather Bailey's blog and her tutorial on how to knot your thread... I am not a redwork purist. Since the majority of my redwork ends up in quilts, I knot my thread at the beginning and the end. I know! I shouldn't, but I do...
Of course this knot also works for hand sewing, etc...

I will be back Sunday with some quilt pictures.

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

7 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Enjoy your time at the quilt show. I bet you will come back with photos that will make me want to start another quilt.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

No quilt show here or anywhere close by.....oh well!...guess i'll get my hair done instead!!..he,he!

Enjoy your weekend...LindaMay

em's scrapbag said...

Enjoy National Quilting Day! I look forward to pics.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about National Quilting Day but I celebrated by buying a rather large amount of quilt fabric today. Just think how much I would have bought if I had known it was a holiday!

Melinda

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Yes I learned that knot trick last year.
For National Quilt Day I attended the Missouri Blacksmith Association meeting in Malta Bend Mo with the hubby.

Pat said...

Hope you had a good time at the quilt show...am in the middle of a fun weekend with my daugther and granddaughter!

Shelly said...

NQD huh? Hmmm didn't know there was such a thing--although there's a "national" day for just about everything else! But I WAS working on the quilt blocks for the swap that day.
Shelly