Thursday, March 5, 2009

So sad....



A house that looks just like this one sits in the middle of a field not too far from me. I have watched it the last 3 years. I love old federal style homes. To me they are stately and calm. I can't figure out why this one sits empty. I wonder who built it. I wonder why did they decide not to live there. Did they have to move away? It sits smack in the middle of what used to be a corn field.

I would love to open the green shutters and let the breeze in. I would love to see inside...


Nancy

8 comments:

Pat said...

And I would love to do that with you. There must be a story about that house...update us if you ever find out more about it, okay? It looks to be a beautiful house!

Anonymous said...

I agree its so sad.. I too wish I could check out the inside.

Lorraine said...

I hate to see wonderful old houses left to decay - there is an old cottage at the end of our street that is vacant and crumbling...I think it is so sad!

Anonymous said...

nice house indeed

Stitched With Prayer said...

Nancy, I totally echo your thoughts. When ever I see an abandon house, whether it is in need of repair or in good condition, I always wonder at the story behind it. The laughter and tears that resounded through it's halls and rooms once upon a time...especially those sitting in the country that look like they just need a good airing out and dusting. So many images dance through my mind, but the most frequent emotion is the same as yours, sadness. So many empty homes, so many homeless people. ***sigh***

ooglebloops said...

You could go to the county records and find out who owns it- altho sometimes it's more fun to imagine what the house is about, by peering in the windows........

Shelly said...

Shoot, I'd wnat to do more than just open the shutters and open it up. I'd love to move in there! Unfortunately, I think that would be an awefully long commute to work everyday for me!
Shelly

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I think you could write a story about this house. We'll all read it if you do.