Thursday, March 26, 2009

HSM, redwork baskets and Oh...a winner....

This has dragged (drug?, am I ON drugs?) much too long. I have had Monday's date written on my calendar for a while now. Then with me going off to staycation it got a little bit weird...

BUT...that doesn't change the fact that we have passed the chosen date and I have used the random generator to pick a winner.

First though I have to tell you a little story. I did a funny hilarious terrible thing to one of the grandkids. Miss G. is a HUGE FAN of High School Musical. She and her brother know all the words to all the songs in the movies. Tuesday night after dinner, we sat and watched it. Well, I sat and tried to watch it.....Miss G. and Mr. J. were bouncing on the couch singing along and talking..at lot. At one point in the movie, there is a musical scene in the cafeteria. (Cause don't you know that would be so cool to sing during lunch...LOL)
ANYWAY!
I am watching these high school kids sing in the lunch room and I say to Miss G. "Um, that looks really familiar" "When I went to the Rock Star's school, I think they were singing that song". Miss G's eyes got HUGE and she said very slowly "Does Rock Star go to East High School?". "Why, yes" I said. She flew down the stairs where the Rock Star is playing some video game. Her mom quickly mutes the TV and we listen while Miss G. asks the Rock Star all about his school. Of course the Rock Star doesn't know about East High (we've never seen HSM) and tries to convince her that he doesn't go to East High. She runs back upstairs to tell us that he says we are not telling the truth. "Oh Miss G" I said, "He is just embarrassed to tell you that he sings and dances at lunch". Ha....Ha....She runs back downstairs to tell him "it's ok if you sing and dance at lunch. Do you know Gabriella? Do you know Troy?" "Can I meet them?" "Have they been to your house?". '
Meanwhile, her mom and I are laughing so hard we are crying, because it is hilarious to us that she doesn't realize that East High doesn't exist except in the movie. Rock Star even pulled out his lunch card to show her.
Yes, we finally told her we were teasing her. She cried. She was really upset and I felt bad that she had fallen hook, line and sinker....LOL I still laugh when I think of her eyes wide open and hoping that her Uncle Rock Star really did go to East High so she could meet Gabriella...and Troy....and the rest of the gang.

Oh, and I finished the last block of redwork baskets. I hope to start trimming them to size and getting the blocks bordered and the quilt top together...



So today is grocery shopping and really that's about it. I have my Spring Swap package ready to wrap and ship but can't do that until April 4th. Miss Nancy, Anne and I are doing the program at Redwork Club next Thursday on quilt labels, so we will get together next week to iron that out. I have a few recipes to make and review for a friend that is writing a cook book. I have a new redwork pattern to trace and start. So, I guess that's it for today...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

Oh, wait....I forgot the winner...silly me... The comment contest started HERE. Got a little waylaid HERE, but finally the day came. It was MONDAY!!!! There were 12 comments. I used the random generator to pick one and the winner is - number 6


CORI LEWIS


Cori, you have til Sunday March 29th at 8pm central to contact me. If no contact I will do the random generator again...

Yea, Cori......email me with your color choice of red, yellow, blue or green polka dots and your snail mail address and I will get the zipper bags made and sent....

Thanks everyone for playing, and leaving comments....now don't you all go and stop visiting me!! You never know when I will have another date on the calendar for a surprise giveaway....


Nancy

5 comments:

Pat said...

Congratulations to Cori and what a funny story about your little sweetie believing her uncle goes to the same school as the kids in the movie. (It WAS kind of mean, though.)

Joanna said...

Congrats to you Cori!!!

I loved the story about HSM - too funny!! And you can tell the darling little sweetie that East High really does exist! Really! I used to live just a few blocks from where they made the movies, and the high school they use really is called East High! When we went back to UT last Summer I took my HSM obsessed 8 year old to see the school. She was so excited she could barely stand it! Especially since they were still filming the 3rd movie! Of course, I'm not sure if the real students there sing and dance in the cafeteria though lol!!!

Sweet P said...

What a cute story! Your redwork basket looks great. Congrats to Cori for winning.

Gari in AL said...

Really funny. When my oldest son turned 8 I told him I wasn't old enough to have an 8 year old and that we had lied, to get him in school early, and he was really only 6. I kept it up until I saw the tears come into his eyes and then, laughingly, admitted that it was a joke. It took a long time before he could see the humor. LOL

Brenda said...

Oh you are so bad!LOL! I love your redwork too.... it's wonderful!