Monday, March 30, 2009

Thanks Gracie....

A long time ago when Gracie was just a baby, I found some of that chalkboard fabric and had all kinds of good intentions on making a cute thing for the car. Well, life got in the way...I realized it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have chalk in a car and so I took the material and made a nice chalkboard for my kitchen. It hangs on the wall as you walk in from the laundry room into the kitchen.

It works really well. I can use it as a running grocery list, leave notes for the Rock Star (although he would never notice!lol) or write the dinner menu on it. There are pockets along the bottom edge for chalk and an eraser.

Sometimes though this happens.




This note has been on there for a while now and I refuse to erase it. Isn't it cute!

No sewing yesterday. DH is leaving for 3 days so I stuck around the family room with him. I will have the next 3 days to sew....

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

5 comments:

Pat said...

I have a chalkboard I made in my kitchen, too. How CUTE that your Gracie wrote you a note on there. So far, my grandkids haven't written on it...probably because it's hung a bit too high for them, now that I think of it....because they love writing on chalkboards.

Shelly said...

I think that is awesome that she thought about leaving granma a message of her own--knowing you WOULD find it! I wouldn't erase it either!
I've never seen chalkboard fabric. What a neat idea!
Shelly

ooglebloops said...

I've never seen chalkboard fabric either - I wonder if it is still made???
Love your redwork blocks also!!1

Anonymous said...

How cute is that.. I keep saying I'm going to get a chalkboard for my kitchen because everyone loves to draw or write things on paper and stick it to the fridge.

Sweet P said...

How super adorable! I have some chalkboard fabric. I need to get them made into something. Thanks for the idea.