Monday, July 12, 2010

conversations ...

Oh, did I say I would be gone for awhile? so...it's been what...4 hours?? That's a long time in my world.. We have had dinner, cheesecake pudding, Popsicles, baths and one of the two is already in bed..then the other kid and I made fudge.... whew...i'm tired...and in need of a shower...

So I just thought you might like to hear some conversations we have been having around these parts.....


Abbie on the way here this morning..
In a very excited voice she says "Mommy says Yes!!" then there is a long pause and she says in a low voice "Daddy says No"...and frowns...

We aren't sure what she is talking about cause she's only 2 1/2, but she says it over and over..all the way here...

Jackson - we are watching TV and The Son comes home... tells us he will out til 3am...and Jackson wants to know when he will sleep. I say 'well, uncle "the son" stays up while we are sleeping and then he sleeps when we are awake..Like a vampire".. Jackson asks if "he is NOCTURNAL like a bat"... Come on the kid is 7 and knows the word NOCTURNAL?? I know some adults that don't know that word..

Ok...now I am off for a few days... or maybe just a few hours...who knows...we are off to the park tomorrow and I know I'll have my camera...

Nancy

6 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Reading your little ones comments, I have to tell you about our 6 yr old grandson.
yesterday his Dad (the great white hunter) got a frozen deer head out of the freezer. We was cooking it in his shop. You cook the skin and all off so you have a nice clean skull. The little one walks in and said ummm something smells good. His Daddy said we are having deer head soup for dinner. The 6 yr old said . . . Is that Mexican?

Rhonda said...

Aren't little people so funny and cute....and they say the darnest things. One of my little princesses is 19mos. and asking "WHY"....over and over and over, then she just gives one of those killer smiles.
We must enjoy those moments!!

Pat said...

Hey...while you are not "here" for a few days or a few hours or whatever...you need to pursue WHAT it is that Mommy says "yes" about and Daddy says "no"...and report back to us. LOL Sounds like your little grands are adorable (AND smart)!!!

Trudi said...

Priceless! Have a fabutastic time! Don't forget to sleep! LOL

Linda P in IL said...

Happy belated B-day to you, da da da

Unknown said...

I can relate, I have my grandkids all the time.....they wear a body out and make you laugh....a whole lot! have fun.....