Thursday, October 15, 2009

cow...truck...rain...part 2

The truck is what hit the cow. The cow was standing in the middle of the road...in the dark....in the rain... Hubby was driving...by himself...and was not hurt.. truck WAS hurt...



All those parts there? shoved together? Not supposed to be like that!!



So we spent last night looking at new trucks and going out to dinner. :-) Yummy talapia and broccoli for me... steak (apparently he didn't get enough of cow last night??) for hubby.

BTW, did you know that cows carry insurance? In Missouri..if a cow gets out the farmer is responsible for any damage. Most farmers don't carry insurance and most farmers won't tell you that you hit THEIR cow... Our cow has State Farm...

Today I will be rescheduling my haircut for next week and sewing!! I got my nieces baby quilt back and need to bind it. I also have a UFO ready to quilt...


OMG...have you ever seen a snowman take a bubble bath? Check it out at new blogger Beth's.
Nancy

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch....thats really something. I feel the need to ask about the cow tho.....I take it, it didn't survive?! ...and as much as hubbie loves steak...too bad it couldn't come home with him. Glad too that the cow carried insurance....who knew!??!
Glad hubbie is ok...that could have been ugly.
Bev

Carolyn said...

Oh my - what color will the new truck be?!?!?! Not that he cares - but I see a new truck in your future.....

Carolyn

blushing rose said...

From the look of that truck, the cow is now steak?!? Ow-ie! How great DH wasn't hurt. Couldn't happen when the 'clunkers' offer was in effect ...

May your day be full & warm ... TTFN ~Marydon

~Laurie~ said...

Holy moly!! I'm so glad your husband is ok! I did get a chuckle about the cow's insurance - who knew?? OK - you've had your trials for at least a month now - hopefully it's smooth sailing for awhile :)
laurie

Pat said...

Oh, my...the truck looks in BAD shape, so it really is good hubby didn't get hurt. I had no idea cows had insurance and that the farmers are responsible if they get out. That's as it SHOULD be, but I didn't realize it was so. I was wondering if the cow survived, but I'm sure it didn't.

Beth Karese said...

Nancy, I always enjoy your stories. Remember those "why did the chicken cross the road" jokes? Well the cow didn't cross the road. And it wasn't a joke. Ok, I can tell it's been a loooong day at work and my mind is a little loopy.

Thank you for throwing a few people over to my blog! How sweet of you.

Judy D in WA said...

Wow, glad hubby is ok, trucks are replaceable. We owned a cow that was hit on the road and yes, our cow had insurance...State Farm. ;-)
The guy that hit him got a DUI and the cow didn't make it. A local loaded our cow up, took it home, butchered it out. We were out of town for a couple days..found out about the mess, called the guy, picked up our cow, made it into hamburger and gave the guy half. We haven't had cows since....

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Good to hear your husband is OK. Perhaps eating steak was a tiny act of revenge...just kidding LOL
Hugs,
Sharon

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Glad to hear your Dh is ok. Good thing he was driving a truck and not a mini!

Val said...

Wow! Cow insurance?! Incredible. Cuddos for State Farm to insure your cow and extra cuddos for the owner to have insured her! Uh, um, is she ground beef?

Dandelion Quilts said...

OH MY! Glad your husband was okay, and good thing that cow had STATE FARM! What a story.