Thursday, October 22, 2009

a new quilt....

I can finally show you the latest quilt....

I did a little more pattern testing for Linda. I asked if she had something besides tote/purses to test and she sent me this adorable quilt pattern. It was written to use 9 charm squares in the center of each block, but I had these little fussy cuts just sitting waiting for the perfect quilt. They were only cut 4 1/2 inches so I added a little border of pink on each one and the quilt took off. You could also use some squares with machine embroidery or hand embroidery. It would look really cute with jungle fabrics and little animals in the center of each blocks. This is a pattern I will use again and again...





This is a new pattern ready in Linda's Etsy Shop right now. It's a great baby quilt pattern. Very quick to make. I quilted mine in kind of wonky straight lines and it went really fast...It finishes 50"x50". You could even add another row and make a lap quilt.

Think a good thought about my youngest granddaughter today. She is having outpatient surgery to remove a pyogenic granuloma from her chin. They attempted to use a medicated powder, but it didn't work.

update on the truck/cow situation....

The truck has been towed to a local dealer where they will do a "tear-down". Basically they will start taking the truck apart until they have found all the broken parts. Then they will add them all up and decide whether it will be fixed or totaled.

My advice? If you ever hit a cow, make sure he doesn't have insurance. Much easier.

Nancy
while you are reading this I am at the dentist, sweating like a pig because I HATE going to the dentist, but I broke a tooth yesterday.... dang it...

9 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh Nancy, That sucks the big one! Hope they have you looking like a pPrincess in no time flat!
I am so lovin that quilt too. OMG, It's adorable. It has a vintage look to it. You've outdone yourself, yet again...
I'm saying a little prayer for the Grandbaby too. Darn, when it rains it freakin' pours, doesn't it!
Hang in there! b=)

Strlady said...

The quilt is sooo dang cute! Love it. Hopefully your trip to the dentist has been less painful than you thought. Good bibs being sent your way!

JustCindy said...

Love the quilt! Saying a little prayer for your granddaughter. I feel your pain with the cow and the pickup. My DH hit a horse doing 75 mph in Montana. The horse didn't have insurance but he did have the right away since Montana has an open range law.

Pat said...

LOVE the quilt!!! I'm praying for your little grandchild, too. Now...let me ask you...while all this decision-making is done about the truck, have you been WITHOUT a vehicle or did the cow's insurance at least get you a rental vehicle???

Carin said...

First I have to say your baby quilt is to cute for words!

Second I am so sorry that this cow thing is turning into such a pain.

Lastly I hate the dentist too I am so sorry you broke a tooth that is so painful. HUGS!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great quilt Nancy! Linda wrote up a cute one and you executed it! I think this may be one quilt I will make for my first grandchild.

Anonymous said...

You did a fab job on the quilt!!! It's just too cute!!! Sorry about the broken tooth and dentist trip. Praying for your grand and let us know how she's doing. What a mess with the insurance/cow/truck situation. Hopefully, next week will be much better.
Veronica

Beth Karese said...

Love the "Nancy" touches you added to that baby quilt... fussy cuts are adorable, and I like the thin border around the fussy cuts. Linda is lucky to have you as a tester. I hope all went well for your GD, and for the truck saga to end quickly.

blushing rose said...

The quilt is breathtaking!! Hope all else is better.