Wednesday, October 21, 2009

her daddy's daughter....

How do you handle all the new fangled doodads? Do you still write checks? or do you pay your bills on-line? Do you still use cash? or use a debit card? I have drug dragged? pushed my hubby into the 21st century kicking and screaming. When we moved here 3 years ago we had to change banks. We had used the same bank for 22 years. It was a locally owned bank and I was "allowed" to have an ATM card (do they still have those?) but never a debit card. Hubby was so afraid that I would forget to give him a receipt.
So we moved here and joined a large banking system.
We got debit cards... he lived through that.
We started paying bills on-line...he lived through that.

Today would have sent him over the edge. I took off to town to deposit a check. Simple right? Well, not exactly. When I got to the drive-up window (where he will still ONLY use the one where you put the money/check/whatever into the drawer that is attached to building and not the automatic tube system) all the lights were red. Hm...all the drive-ups closed? I drove around to the front of the building and found three women sitting at a table. I got out and they said that the bank was temporarily closed but that they could take deposits. um....not sure why, but I didn't feel quite comfortable giving them a check and deposit ticket outside the front of the bank...call me old-fashioned...

So I learned how to use the new ATM... it now will take deposits. It actually scans the check, deposits it into your account and your receipt will show a small little copy of the check you deposited. Very Cool!!

Then I called hubby to tell him. Oh my... first he decided that the bank was being audited. Maybe.. I told him what I did and he was really ok with it... (of course I had to immediately come home and check on-line and make sure the deposit was there)

Then I was talking to DD#1 and she freaked... WHAT!! Are you kidding me? I use the same bank and I don't have any cash! Have they closed the bank? Have they frozen our assets?

Oh, she is her daddy's daughter....

Nancy
info on the truck tomorrow...and a new quilt....

6 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Makes me wonder if they were shut down from a robbery attempt?
Can't wait to see the new quilt.

Sandy Panagos said...

That is too funny! I'm with you about not handing a deposit over to three women sitting at a table, though. Sounds a little funny - I would have reacted the same way you did!

Sweet P said...

I haven't gone into a bank to do business in a long time. I have direct deposit and pay all our bills on-line. We write only one check a month - to our condo association.

I agree on not giving the check to the women. I wouldn't have given it to them.

Your DD's reaction is too funny.

Anonymous said...

Huh???? Hummm, guess I'll wander into town today and see if "my" bank is still there. LOL!
Bev

Carolyn said...

Prayers for A today - for sure!

I had to giggle - thinking about conversations we have had about ATM deposits ;)

I normally only write 1 check a month and that's only because my Condo Assoc doesn't have on-line capability. Sometimes a doctor copay or medical bill - but they do give you the option of paying via debit card.

Welcome to the real world Mr. R ! ! ! !

Good luck with the truck and the tooth (ouch!)

Carolyn

Brenda said...

hahaha! that is too funny! Did you roll your eyes? LOL!