Monday, October 12, 2009

design wall monday....

This is what I did this past week. I pieced and machine quilted. Sorry I can't show you the piecing. It's one of those testing samples for Linda. I have the pattern edits ready to mail back, but of course today the Post Office is closed, so it will have to wait until Wednesday when I get back to town.... I started doing free motion on this quilt and after about 2 minutes I knew it wasn't going very well. I picked it all out and started over. I LOVE the kinda straight lines. I will be doing this on another quilt as soon as I have batting.



This is my design wall today. I am between quilts, so nothing but the bird to show. This is my first applique block. This is the block from this post


This past weekend was the Apple Fest in a nearby town. Our guild had a booth to sell tickets for our raffle quilt. I worked Sunday afternoon and took this picture of Gay and Betty. Not much selling going on. We did have someone donate a dollar. They didn't want the ticket. We were right next to a guy selling salsa and beef jerky which smelled really good. It was also kind of funny to see people trying the XXX Salsa..their faces turned bright red and they started sweating. Then they bought a jar...LOL



And this photo just shows how much rain we have had lately. Ridiculous....



Hubby out of town, Rock Star works tonight til 8pm and I don't have the afterschool kids today....so I think I will fill up that design wall...

See more of Design Wall Monday at Judy's blog Patchwork Times..

Nancy

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Can't wait to see more of your applique blocks!

blushing rose said...

Now that is SOME RAIN fall ... weird mass. Love the designs ...

Have a warm snuggly autumn day. TTFN ~Marydon

Gari in AL said...

Your mushroom looks just like the one I put on my blog. I had never had one like that before. Funny.

Pat said...

I hate big yucky clumps of mushrooms when they show up in the yard! Your guild's quilt looks very nice...sorry you didn't do much selling of tickets at the apple festival.

Cheryl Willis said...

I swear I took a picture of the same mushrooms when we were at Mt Vernon for the applebutter making days event. what part of MO are you in? cw

Unknown said...

Ohhh I love the quilting. I think we've had about the same amount of rain. I'm ready for it to stop.