Friday, October 30, 2009

a funny halloween story....

So, I didn't get the binding completely sewn on my project so I thought I would distract you with a funny story.

I was over at HappyZombie yesterday and she was talking about halloween and dressing up. I also love to watch the Today Show and see what costumes they come up with. My favorite so far was Matt Lauer dressed as Jennifer Lopez and Al Roker dressed as "Puff Daddy" a few years back.

So anyway, that led me to remember a long time ago when I worked in a pediatricians office. On Halloween the doctors would dress up. There would be a clown and a golfer show up every year. So one year the staff decided to dress up. For about 3 weeks we all plotted our costumes and got really into it. Then about 2 days before Halloween we got smart and realized that it would be funny for about 10 minutes and then a pain in the butt for the rest of the day. Not to mention, we might scare the kids more than we needed to... We all gave up...

Halloween morning came and we all showed up to work... office staff dressed as office staff, nurses came as nurses, those doctors showed up as a clown and a golfer and then, after lunch, it happened....

In the door came Kim. Kim was a part-time employee. She worked a couple of days a week. She was in college so she came in after class.

Uh oh......

Kim came dressed as a baby... in a body suit, with a diaper and a huge baby hat. She even had a pacifier hung on a ribbon around her neck...

Sorry Kim... we forgot to tell you. But, dang it was funny....

Nancy

2 comments:

Pat said...

And how funny did KIM think it was?? hehehehe (I'm figuring she has a good sense of humor...I think all who work in doctor's offices need that!!!)

Anonymous said...

Poor Kim...she probably still has nightmares about this....LOL!
Bev