Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A day of finishes.....



Today was my monthly sewing day with Anne and Miss Nancy. They wanted to make an embroidery bag and I decided to sit and do the hand sewing on the binding of DH's Christmas quilt. I now have 2 Christmas quilts completely finished, one at the quilters, one all cut out and one fabric bought and pattern picked out. I was going to be done at 5, but Sunday when I asked my daughter what she wanted me to make the baby for Christmas, she said "won't she get a quilt?". Well, I had asked her earlier this year and she said she had plenty of quilts and Abbie had just gotten the "Sweetie Tweeties for Abigail" so she didn't think she needed one. Apparently now she needs one, so one more to the list. I found this pattern by Barbara Brandeburg. I fell in love with it as soon as she showed it on her blog. I quickly ordered it from here. Yesterday that pattern showed up in my wonderful mailbox. (I love my mailbox) :- ) I love the colors, I love the fabric, I love the pattern. The blocks are BIG...19 inches big. This will be baby Abbie's quilt. I can't wait to start it, but it must wait it's turn.

Anyone else working on Christmas presents?? I need once great idea. Every year I make something for every female in my family. I have done pillowcases, make up bags, hot rice bags, plastic bag holders, hot pads, sewing kits, ummm did I miss anything Sis??? Now I need something for this year and would like to start next month.... There are 11 (maybe 12?). So please send me some ideas!!

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

PS, Anne and Miss Nancy finished their embroidery bag, but I sadly forgot to take photos....Just take my word for it, they are both really pretty and they did a great job....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh Rich's quilt looks lovely. Did you send it to the usual quilter? Must talk to you about her, will call you during the week. Love Barbara's bird pattern. I've sort of started my Christmas sewing, plus have ideas floating in the void I call my head, but I need to design the pattern for the idea....lol...

Sweet P said...

Make everyone aprons. Aprons are becoming the "in" item right now.
Your quilt is lovely. I love your color choices.

Janell said...

Nancy-where did you get this great pattern? It looks like just the type of quilt I would love to make. Can you share the pattern name/designer? It looks very rich in the colors-no pun intended on your son's name! I agree that aprons are the "in" thing now. We're working on a new pattern that should be out at the end of May-based on recycling/re-purposing a man's shirt! Too cute for words.

Carolyn said...

Hey there - I love the apron idea - Julie and I have one you made for us - but I don't think the other girls do. I would like another - hint hint - I like the over the neck patterns - hint hint. And I have a "snowman" - would like a less themy one - hint hint.

Enough hints :)

Your Sis