Thursday, May 29, 2008

It takes a Village.....

and a door, and a fan and Carole King on the cd player.... to drown out the noise coming from the "guest/music room". Ah summer..kids home....and NOISE!! Did I mention that he brought home the bass electric guitar from school to practice for Jazz Band next year?? Yea....now we have 2 electric guitars, 1 LARGE amp, 1 acoustic guitar and a keyboard... Are we nuts?

I sewed for about two hours today and got a lot accomplished. Yesterday's project is now here.....


24 blocks 16 side pieces and 50 parts of blocks

This morning, I woke up the Rock Star at 8:30am and told him we would leave in about an hour to get his radio unlocked and run other errands. He idea was he would drive to the car dealer and get the radio unlocked, drive me back and then I could drive back into town and do my own errands. Uh NO!! We will use YOUR gas to do errands.
He is a new driver so I planned it so we could make mostly right turns....(which helps the screaming!) So off to the car dealer where they didn't even charge me for unlocking the radio that locked itself when DH fixed some front end wiring. (some dealers charge $30 for this). Then to the Post Office, the Pharmacy, the grocery store and the quilt store.

I survived....and so did he...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

2 comments:

jacquie said...

Sounds like my house...I do worry about our neighbors sometimes. Sound travels with the windows open!

Becky said...

ha! At least he doesn't want to be a drummer :). The neighbor directly behind us has a junior high drummer (and for Christmas he got a whole drum set) - so we hear lots of banging, for hours it seems! Hang in there - have you tried the noise-blocking headphones? LOL