Monday, May 26, 2008

a tree grows in..... (oh, I forgot, I don't live in Brooklyn)



Is this a good spot?

A 15 year old needs to learn how to dig a hole. You never know, in college they may ask him to dig a hole somewhere, sometime, someday.

Dad says "I will hold it and you will add all of the heavy dirt."
Oh, what was I doing? I sat on the porch and said "a little to the left, now a wee bit to the right". Well, someone had to do it!!
So it's done. And a good job, rock star..

Of course, after all of that strenuous work, I came in and checked up on my blog friends. I clicked on Sunshine's Creations and what to my wandering eye do I discover? A great recipe for cobbler. Hm...the brownies were finished off yesterday by the rock star when he was supposed to be cutting the grass. So, off to the pantry and I have everything for this recipe. Ok, there are only 3 ingredients, but I had all three!!
Before the oven.....

After the oven.....

The guys are on the way to the store to get vanilla ice cream to top it off.

I am off to have some cobbler and ice cream and then retrace a Winter Wonderland block. I had it all traced, but something must have happened, bacause some of the designs weren't lining up right. I rinsed all the blue marker out and will start over.

Come back tomorrow. I have a great book report to share with you..

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

7 comments:

jacquie said...

Yikes! I was going to comment about your yummy cobbler. Then I saw that comment. I assume that's spam. If it isn't it should be.

Mary Anne said...

HI Nancy! You've got some great tree planters there!! ...AND that cobbler looks REALLY YUMMY!!!

Carolyn said...

Oh man - that cobbler looks delish!!! Of course it's not on my diet.........

Love the tree - it will eventually shade my car when I visit :)

Your Sis

jillytacy said...

The cobbler looks yummy! I love desserts!
We have ten acres of trees on our property. My daughter loves trees(hence the name Nature Girl.) I'm just realizing she's never planted one and would really enjoy the planting.

Carolyn said...

Hi just noticed the Rock Stars new ride!!!! Nice!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I love that recipe too! And I haven't made it in years. Gonna have to resurrect it. :)

Sweet P said...

Is there any cobbler left? If so, I'll be right over. It looks divine.